Happiness Is... Part 1/6

On this warm, beautiful evening, the Lorbs are having a celebration. The gang aren't sure what exactly the little creatures are celebrating, but they still take the opportunity to enjoy the party. The Lorbs create a bonfire, and play lively music while Lance and Hook Foot begin to dance to the beat.

Meanwhile Rapunzel, Varian, Ruddiger, and Pascal are exploring the Lorbs' village. The lanterns that Coronans would send into the sky every year on Rapunzel's birthday are scattered all throughout the village, casting an illuminating glow. Each one is decorated differently, and Rapunzel is excitedly skipping from lantern to lantern.

"Look at this one!" She says, pointing. "They embroidered my name on it. Ooh, and this one! It must be a—a portrait of whoever made it. Ooh, look at this! It's—it's—uh..." The lantern is covered with lines and scribbles. "I don't know what it is."

Varian chuckles. "Not everyone is an artist, Princess."

Rapunzel smiles, gazing at the lanterns all around them. "I still can't get over how many there are."

"It was always a Corona tradition," Varian tells her. "My dad and I took part in it every year. Well, everyone did."

Rapunzel's eyes light up when she spots another lantern. "Speaking of..."

Varian steps closer to examine the lantern, and is surprised to see his and his dad's names written on it. "I can't believe it! I-I remember when we made this one." He gently touches the lantern where Quirin's name is.

     Rapunzel places a comforting hand on his shoulder, as Pascal begins to jump on the lanterns

Rapunzel places a comforting hand on his shoulder, as Pascal begins to jump on the lanterns. But when one rips, and the chameleon begins to fall, Rapunzel rushes over and catches him. She glances at the ripped lantern, and gasps softly when she sees the familiar sun symbol on it. "This lantern is decorated with my father's crest." She notices a piece of paper inside, and pulls it out to discover a letter. "It's from my dad!"

"What's it say?" Varian asks.

"'My dearest Rapunzel,'" Rapunzel begins to read. "'It's been seven years since I last held you in my arms. In that seven years, not a moment passes that I don't think of you. About how I would give anything to hold you just one more time. Though I still imagine you as the baby we lost, I know wherever you are, you've grown. But no matter how long you are away or how far you go, know that Corona will always be your home.'"

Rapunzel wipes at the tears that have appeared in her eyes. "Oh, Dad..." She says, hugging the letter close. She turns to face Varian. "I miss them."

"I know the feeling," Varian says, taking another glance at the lantern he and his father made. But then he turns back to her and adds, "We'll make it back home, someday." Ruddiger nods in agreement.

Returning back to the party, they find Eugene and Cassandra sitting around the bonfire. Lance is doing a fast-paced dance while Hook Foot and the Lorbs cheer him on. Once the music stops, Lance takes a bow. "Thank you, uncharted island!"