ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ| тoo laтe тo apologιze

Meanwhile, around the same time, Lena still held captive at an unknown location has just heard the loud thud of her kidnapper's body hitting the ground after just being shot.

What just suddenly happen, she thought as she kept her eyes closed but ears open as she heard shuffling of feet moving towards her.

She held her breath as she pressed her body against the closed surface of the brick wall behind her.

What was going to happen next, she thought to herself as the feet stopped, and her captor was standing on top of her.

He bent down, squatting in front of Lena, his eyes locked on her like she was his prey in which to him she was.

Everything that occurred these last couple of weeks to all the way up till the last 48 hours was his own doing.

Lena's captor had planned out everything to the very last detail to the point of killing the man who brought her to him.

No witness was the motto to live by. In which, the kidnapper should've known that all so well.

"Open your eyes, Lena," the captor's deep voice echo through making its way back to Lena's ears.

But Lena didn't obey his command as she kept her eyes shut, praying that this was all a dream - hoping that this was all dream and that she would wake up in Yongguk's comforting arms.

Now, thinking about how all this came about, it made her wondered if she didn't get out of bed would she had been in this mess in the first place?

If her mouth wasn't so parched, would all had occurred? Seeing Jongup in the hall, checking on Zelo to see how everything is going, and last trying to have a heart to heart conversation with Daehyun to feel both of them is still hurt by what had all had transpired years ago.

She had hurt Daehyun deeply. Nothing could she could say or do can fix what pain he kept hidden to know she was his first love, first everything and suddenly she had to leave Busan to marry Yongguk.

It didn't help that before receiving the news in which Lena and her father were quite aware of, Lena ended up miscarrying Daehyun's child.

News that could've broken the decree between Chois and Bangs but also Jungs as well. Causing tension between the three families of her unexpected situation.

But thinking about it was it a sign that the two weren't meant to be together in the first place?

However, Lena's thoughts were interrupted as instead of being pinched as a sign that you're in a dream and you needed to come back to reality, Lena was gripped tightly by her cheeks as her captor squeezed so them till the point of causing Lena to open her eyes and stare into the soulless eyes of the captor.

And that she did.

Which made her clearly recognized who had planned this out in the first.

The one behind everything that has happened.

But why Lena thought.

Why do all of this?

As he waited for her to say something, he intensely stared into Lena's eyes, gapping of much afraid that she was for the first time.

"Why are you afraid, Lena?" He asked her first sadly but his tone changed as he squeezed harder, making Lena tear up as the pain was too much for her to endure.

"Are you not going to say anything?" He taunted some more, again causing unbearable pain to her face, causing her to tear up.

But then he sighed as he glared at Lena, knowing that torturing her wasn't what he wanted to do right now.

That wasn't apart of the plan. He needed Lena to be alive and unharmed before executing the next phase his revenge pain.

He released the grip on Lena, allowing her to rotate her jaw and now able to speak.

"Why? Why are you doing all of this?"

The guy turned around as he slipped his hands deep into his pocket, taking out an item to show Lena why he was doing everything.

Especially to her out of all people.

"Why? Well, let's see, why would I do this?" He paced back and front but soon snapped his fingers. "Oh, I know because you took something very important and dear away from me, Lena. Something that I loved clearly more than anything else in this world."

Lena turned her head, guilt written all over her face. "I'm sorry," she implied.

The man glared at Lena, he wasn't expecting an apology from her.

Hell, he didn't want an apology. He wanted what he couldn't bring back.

He chuckled as he squatted back down to Lena. "Now you apologize?" He scoffed. "Well, it's too late for that."

He grabbed Lena roughly by the arm, tugging her away as she fought tooth and nail to escape him.

"We're late for a party and guess who is the main event."

━━━━━━◆❃◆❃◆━━━━━━

ιn dυe тιмe, нιм wιll вe revealed, ѕo вe paтιenт.

and ιғ yoυ wanт тo ĸnow мore aвoυт daeнyυn and lena'ѕ relaтιonѕнιp, cнecĸ oυт тнιѕ ιѕ мy lιғe.

ιт'ѕ ĸιnda lιĸe a preqυel and ѕpιnoғғ тo тнιѕ вooĸ.