ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛᴇᴇɴ:everyтнιng waѕ a lιe

Jongup closed Yongguk's office door, feeling the lump in his throat growing bigger as he kept remembering the conversation with Yongguk.

Minutes Ago...

Jongup stepped forward-leaning slightly seeing the photos of him talking to Jay Park.

"It would be nice if you could explain why were you talking to him the night before Lena went missing."

Jongup gulped, he been had.

Busted.

What was he to do now?

He glanced up to see Yongguk opening up the black case that was facing him. He soon pulled a golden colt that definitely caught the Jongup as he felt his heart drop to his stomach.

Yongguk looked up as he closed the case and placed the colt on top of the closed case.

"Now, Jongup, back to what I asked you a moment ago, why were you with Park?"

Jongup gulped again, feeling the shirt collar tightening around his neck. Words truly couldn't describe how he felt at the moment.

But he knew that he needed to play it cool or today everything falls apart. "Hey, uh," Jongup swallowed that saliva built up in his throat that he was having a hard time swallowing before.

He took a deep breath as he shut his eyes and cleared his mind to relive what happened less than 48 hours ago.

"Today, Jongup," Yongguk impatiently waited to hear one of his member's lame excuse.

Jongup time was slowly ticking down the more that he didn't reply to Yongguk in which both of them knew.

Jongup opened his mouth, hopefully, ready to speak. "Jay wanted me to join his crew," Jongup blurted out, seeing Yongguk pick up the colt and aim it directly at Jongup.

Jongup shut his eyes as he waited to hear the gun go off as he felt the sense that he was going to wet his pants.

He might have done that as he heard the click sound of the colt but never a bullet penetrate his chest or his head.

"So, you have nothing to do with Lena's kidnapping?" Yongguk questioned.

"Uh, no, I didn't," Jongup hesitated before answering.

"And you declined Jay's offered?"

"Uh, correct," Jongup answered.

"One last thing, Jongup," Yongguk said.

"Uh, yeah?" Jongup wondered what it could be now.

What else did Yongguk want to ask him?

"You see, the paper that was used in regards to Lena's kidnapping also came from Jay's, do you know why it may have your fingerprints on it?"

Yongguk eyed him with a death glare that could kill.

"He gave me a paper to take with his information, but I declined it," Jongup quickly explained.

It took a moment of thinking before Yongguk place down the colt on the case, relieving the shaken Jongup.

Deep down, Yongguk knew that Jongup was lying. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out all of the fidgetings that Jongup was registering in front of him was all too clear that Jongup knew more but whatever it was, like before, his priority was rescuing Lena.