04

Draco stared at the empty common room in front of him. The fire in front of him casting shadows along his jawline and face. His leg was over the other as his fingers played with his wand.

He recalled his encounter with the girl in the library. His eyes followed the movement of the flames, almost seeing the picture in front of him. He remembered the way she sneered at him. How she was ready to throw a spell his way. Draco knew students feared or even hated him. But he had never seen someone's eyes go as dark as hers. The word stuck in his head, repeating it over and over again. Monster, monster, monster, monster....

Was he really a monster?

But as he recalled his encounter, Astera recalled hers. Her head repeated the scene in front of her, making her loose focus in her reading. She raised her head, closing the book and resting it on her blanket covered knees. As she sat in the corner of the couch, she sighed. The fact that Draco knew - remembered her name, was foreign. He wasn't one to remember such things. Especially names of people he hasn't had any interaction with. How did he know her?

Lilith, Lilith, Lilith...

It sounded so smooth, so arrogant and egotistical. He was so full of himself. He saw people beneath him and walked over them. She hated that. How could he? He was evil.

Even after her chess play with Myrtle, Astera couldn't sleep. She was rolling and turning in bed, almost falling off.

The stars in the sky twinkled like the lights on the Christmas trees. Her annoyance grew and she angrily got out of bed, storming out of the dorms and in front of the open hall. The idea wasn't the best. It was freezing and her pyjamas weren't doing much of keeping her warm.

She rested her body on one of the columns, watching the snow fall in front of her. The little snowman she made was still there, his welcoming smile and waving twig hand looking at her.

"You really need to learn to sneak up on people properly." she quietly said, her hands folded.

Draco's tall body stood next to hers, a few feet away. With his hands in his pockets, he watched the snow as well.

"You told Dumbledore, didn't you?"

Astera turned her head, his words echoing. He was angry. His expression was cold and solid, yet the crease in his brows was loud and alarming.

It seemed perfect to run. To get away from him and stay away. Draco could hurt her. But, she stood her ground.

"And? I didn't ruin a plan, did I?" she said back, raising a brow and making his blood boil even more.

His arms moved quick. Soon enough her body was against the cold column and his wand was on her neck. His nostrils flared as his cold eyes raked hers, trying to find anything in them. A hint of an emotion or a hint of fear. Anything he could use.

"You really don't know your place do you?" he spat out, "Stay away from me and never, ever put my name in your mouth again. You hear?"

She had an awful habit of not doing as she was told. Yes, she liked rules. They kept people in place. But, Draco Malfoy's rules were so breakable. It's like they were waiting to be broken. Except, she wasn't sure if it was the rules... Or them.

"And if I don't?" she said, "What, you'll kill me?"

Draco stepped even closer, his chest pressing up against hers, making it harder to breathe. It felt like he was sucking the air out of the space in front of them. Her anxiety rose at the small space, looking around with her eyes to find an escape.

His words didn't even register her ears. The lack of space and air made her claustrophobic. She couldn't use her wand, it was at the dorm.

"Get off me." was all she mustered up, but far too quiet.

"I said, get off!" her arms pushed him off. Draco was caught off guard, stumbling away from her, his wand still raised. She held her chest, turning away from him. Her feet took her to the open view in front of them, stepping onto the snow coated grass. She took breaths, steadily and slowly.

"Are you mental?" Draco raised his voice. His feet followed her, but she didn't seem to notice.

His cold hand touched the bare part of her shoulder, trying to turn her around.

Astera's eyes widened, pushing his hand off and turning around. She watched him for a second. His face was different. It was confused and almost concerned. His stance was more relaxed rather than before.

"Don't touch me," she moved away from him, "Ever."

And then she left him in the snow.