54

—     BATTLE OF HOGWARTS

Pansy walked past Astera, squeezing her shoulder for a second before leaving the two teenagers alone. Astera swallowed as she watched Pansy walk away, finding any excuse not to look at him.

Draco's head cocked to the side, taking a few steps before he stood in front of her. Her head dipped down, not being able to find the courage to look him in the eye. She felt his hand cup her cheek, his thumb feeling the cold streak of a tear on her skin, carefully and slowly raising her head up.

"Look at me, Astera," he whispered, making her walls break down at his voice as she had not heard it for a year, "Please."

Her eyes looked up, locking with his which were glossed over with a thin blanket of tears as well. Her fingers wrapped around his wrists as his palms held the sides of her face. Draco's eyes were taking in her features as if he were seeing her for the first time, dotting her freckles together as he lowered his gaze to her lips.

"Why are you crying?" he asked, a slight smile on his face. His heart fluttered for the first time in months as she smiled back, shaking her head.

"Why are you?" the two looked at one another, smiling at the sight their eyes could not stop looking at.

She noticed his head lower down, feeling her eyes close as she creased her brows, waiting for his lips to meet her. And when they did, she couldn't recognize the soft skin on hers. His kiss was longing, loving and desperate for her. He missed her and she felt it through his lips, kissing him back slowly and gently, using her hand to cup his cheek, reminding herself of his soft and smooth skin.

He pulled back slowly, opening his eyes, "I missed you."

She didn't respond, only swallowed the saliva in her mouth that mixed with his own. She wiped the skin under his eye, pecking his lips one more time.

"I need to tell you something."

She almost regretted saying so as she noticed the change of colour in his eyes and how his palms took themselves away from her face, making her long for him. Her face twisted with disgust and regret, shame and guilt as she spoke, not looking him in the eye though she felt his heavy gaze on her body. Draco stayed quiet, his arms crossed over his chest as she heard him let out a breath a few times.

"I'm sorry," she choked out, feeling herself almost spiral out in hysteria as her tears became larger and heavier, sliding down faster on her cheeks, "I just missed you so much and... And I was so lonely! I was so lonely, Draco. I hadn't been touched or held in a year and I needed that. I needed someone to hold me like you used to."

Draco was quiet, licking his lips and swallowing the lump in his throat as she spoke, running a hand through his hair in frustration. He clenched his jaw and moved it from side to side, feeling his teeth grit against each other.

"But, I don't wa-"

"Lilith," he harshly cut her off, seeing her close her mouth with no question. He took a breath before continuing, "Given the circumstances, if this happened any other normal day, one of you three would be dead by now."

She remained quiet, somehow knowing he was serious and angry. Well, of course he was angry, he was fuming with rage, "But... You're not wrong. I wasn't here and that's my fault. It's both our faults. However, if you think I'm going to forget about all of this just because there's people dropping dead before us, you're wrong."

"Pansy told me-"

"Pansy told you I slept with girls while you and I were fighting. There's difference. You slept with her and Blaise while you and I were only away from each other."