46

A day or two had passed since Astera saw Draco. He was kept in the Hospital wing and visits were limited. Draco was always surrounded by people healing and mending him that she could never possibly sneak in to see him. Once or twice did she catch Blaise and Pansy squeeze their way in at least for a few seconds.

And as she waited for the last nurse to leave the wing, Astera stood behind a wall, her eyes peeking ever so often and waiting to hear the doors open and close. She pressed her back against the wall as the only light was the moon and the fire on the walls, hearing the footsteps of the last nurse as she left Draco and walked down the stairs.

Astera moved quickly, using her hands to push open the doors and close them behind her. She looked and her eyes fell on his blond head easily, but he wasn't alone. Beside his bed was a black haired girl who sat in a chair with a book in her hands, lazily flipping through the pages as Draco quietly slept next to her.

The girl moved towards Draco's bed, slowly as she kept her eyes on Pansy and waited for her to look up and possibly destroy her with a look. In a way, Astera admired Pansy. Not because she was, well, Pansy, but because she had authority and made a name for herself just like that. Not everyone was able to do that.

"So, you're her," Pansy said, not looking up from the old book in her hands as Astera sat on the chair on the other side of Draco's bed. Her eyes scanned his pale face and closed eyes, not daring to touch him because she was scared he'd wake up.

"You know me?" Astera asked, finally acknowledging Pansy who was now staring at Astera like a prey, her eyes cold and piercing into hers.

"I know of you. He never told me you're name," Pansy looked at Draco for a moment and then back at the girl in front of her who, for some reason, seemed so much smaller and younger than her.

"He told you about me?"

"Eventually, yes. He didn't want to say anything, but... He talks in his sleep sometimes," Astera nodded, already giving Pansy the answer she needed, "I asked him when he woke up. And, he slipped that day when he got drunk."

"Oh..." was all she managed to say, looking down at him as his body laid motionless under the covers.

"I didn't thank you," Pansy said, getting a look from Astera, "When you brought him back. Thanks," the girl before her nodded, biting her lip as Pansy's aura and intimidation seemed to make her squirm under her gaze and shift in her seat, "So, it's true?"

"What is?"

"That he's in love with you."

Lilith sat there without a reaction. She looked at Draco and then back at Pansy, opening her mouth but, again, no words came out. Pansy smiled, chuckling quietly and turning her head.

"Look, I just needed to know who you were. I'm not here to judge you or to tell you to stay away from him like a possessive dog," said Pansy, surprising Astera, "But... Draco's my best friend. Even if right now we're kind of fighting. I get what you saw in him. So, if I see him that way again; dead inside, he won't just be mourning the fact that you're not his anymore. Got it?"

Astera's mouth felt dry as she nodded, "Y-yeah. Got it, thanks," she said, "I, erm... I'm glad he has you in his life. You're a good friend."

Pansy stood up, pulling her black shirt down over the hem of her skirt. She took her robe from the chair, putting it on and standing before Astera.

"It was nice meeting you, Astera."

The girl took Pansy's hand in hers, shaking it as Pansy's hands were a tad larger than hers, more slender and fingers accessorised with cold rings, "Nice meeting you too, Pansy."