38

Draco Malfoy had dreaded the second his fellow Slytherins entered Hogwarts and their common room. As he met up with most of them, he cringed on the inside as he lied as to how he arrived before them, or why he hadn't written back to some of them. He listened to Goyle explain his break whilst Pansy sat next to Blaise on the couch, all conversing without really paying much attention to the boy sat beside them.

He wished his only problem would be lying about his break, but Snape had put another thing on his plate. Draco didn't know what to do, how to approach the situation, but he knew that he had to do it. He knew that this would be the last time he would see her without the hatred in her eyes towards him.

Because his plan was to make her hate him.

"What's got you so quiet, Malfoy?" Blaise chimed in Draco's head, snapping the boy out of his thoughts

"Nothing," Draco said lowly, "Just tired, I guess."

No one dared to question him even as he stood up and left the common room. The halls were loud once more with students running around and past him, chatting and exchanging smiles. As he walked, people staggered to get past him or out of his way, for Draco Malfoy could be ruthless.

He decided he couldn't wait, not any longer. He couldn't have another task or responsibility linger over his head again. He had to find her.

☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Trust me, it gets easier. I always thought the higher the year, the harder it gets, but no," Astera shook her head as it rested on her fist, "I'd say not to stress about it, but I'd be lying to myself and you."

Elle laughed along with Astera as they sat in front of the fire. Luna had joined them for a while before returning to her dormitory. Turns out, people weren't as scary or mean as she thought they were.

"I hope it gets easier. Not going to lie, I sort of can't wait to be a fifth year." said Elle.

"Honestly, I thought you were a third year," Astera said and got a look from Elle, smiling in return, "Hey, it's better to look younger than older."

Time passed them quick and at the end it was just them and a few other students. The rest had gone under the covers and talked quietly amongst themselves whilst Astera and Elle exchanged memories and theories about Muggles.

"How about I wait for you for breakfast tomorrow?" asked Elle as she got up, ready to change into her pyjamas and curl up in her bed.

Astera nodded, "Yeah, I'd like that."

She let Elle walk up the staircase leading to the girl's dormitory and watched her disappear out of her view. The castle had gone much quieter and calmer now that most students were asleep or quietly chatting. She took the opportunity to sneak out and hopefully find Draco somewhere.

As she turned a corner, she quietly walked past a few other students, careful to go unnoticed.

"Lilith!" a harsh whisper scared her, making her skin crawl as she turned to see Draco peeking from a corner.

She walked to him, instantly hitting his arm for scaring her, "Are you insane?" she whispered back.

"Relax, it's just me."

Somehow, he managed to drag himself to the Astronomy Tower with her without collapsing then and there. His eyes wanted to spill the tears that ever-so-lightly coated around his pupils.