42

"I've got Quidditch practice today, but I'm sure Neville can help you out," said Ginny, walking beside Astera with her hands in her pockets, twirling a small loose thread, "Besides, he's probably the best in Herbology, so..."

"Yeah, you're right," said Astera, stopping in front of her next class which were to start in a few minutes, "Ginny?"

"Yeah?"

"Erm... You're not like... Mad at me, are you?" Astera slowly said, somewhat monotone yet her expression was clear that she was worried. Ginny raised a brow, showing a confused smile.

"Mad? Why?" she asked, tossing her hair behind herself and resting her shoulder on the wall.

"Because... Harry has been avoiding me, sort of. Hermione and Ron—not so much, but I can tell something's wrong—"

"Look, it's evident Harry doesn't like Malfoy. No one does. Was it a bit weird what happened? Yeah, it wasn't a good look on your side," Astera looked down in embarrassment, "And as much as I hate his guts as well, it really is none of my business on what happened. Besides, there's thing called coincidence. You said it yourself; Malfoy was drunk out of his arse that day."

True, I just pray no one saw me leading him away from the crowd.

A weight felt like it had been lifted off her chest as Ginny smiled, walking off after they bid their goodbyes and Astera made her way to her desk. Class began quickly and the room was filled with students in a matter of moments. Astera sat at the last row next to the wall, bouncing her leg from anxiety that had no right to consume her at the moment. Her eyes caught movement all around her, hearing the chatter of students as they all settled in.

Class ended as quick as it had started, having Astera leave the room quickly. She had felt her head spin and hurt during the last few moments of her lesson. Her throat felt dry as she drank water from the school's bathroom, gulping loudly and breathing quick. She leaned her back against the wall, letting it cool her off for a moment.

What is wrong with me?

There were too many answers to her question, but none of which she knew. For the first time, the answer was so easy, in front of her, and she couldn't find it.

Classes were over for the day and the halls weren't as busy as they usually were, with the occasional friends and couples sitting on the benches or walking around the courtyard. She wanted to go to the Room of Requirement, but a part of her knew he would be there and she didn't want to see him. She wanted nothing to do with him.

Actually, a part of her wished she could see him. Those angry glances and short stares from across the room felt agonising. As much as she didn't want to admit, she found herself missing him. Missing his morning voice and how low and raspy it was. Those days when they woke up next to each other and the first thing she would see would be his closed eyes and freckled cheeks, or the first thing she felt were his hands around her, one on her stomach and the other under her head — she missed it.

There were mornings that felt slow and beautiful like ones in films. Ones where there was sun and chirping birds and warm tea before them, but neither drank the tea because they were too occupied with each other's smiles or tired eyes.

There were days where it wasn't as beautiful as they got used to. Days where Draco felt closed off, or she felt pushed away by him. It didn't matter the reason, they hated those days. When there was a chilly breeze or a cold winter night, Astera couldn't help but wish to throw herself under his covers, and he wished she would.

He missed her.

"There you are!" Elle appeared by her side, a smile on her young face as she held onto the books from her last lesson, "How are you?"