046

𝐎𝐰𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐟 𝐀 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭

"𝘋𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘊𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘢𝘺𝘴; 𝘔𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘊𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵." 

―Muhammad Ali

Grunting with an effort, he limps forward, a hand on the wall supporting his weakened body

Grunting with an effort, he limps forward, a hand on the wall supporting his weakened body. Sweat trickling from his forehead as it falls to the pavement.

Feeling his body being chained with thick boulders. Every step he makes feels like walking in quicksand.

Candles being lit provide bright and yellowish light to his path, no breeze was passing through the hallway causing the little fire to stand still.

He is out of breath when he continues to walk or even think of either. With every movement, there's a wheeze like air escaping from a deflating balloon.

Furrowed his brows as his teeth gritted together, he stepped forward. However, it took a toll on him.

Pain is being thumped, similar to a hammer is being beaten to the back of his head, nauseous soon follows.

But the desire to see what's honestly going on when he overheard a certain Scout speaking her name, a mere name is enough for him to burst with encouragement.

Causing him to neglect all he is feeling as he proceeds walking.

≿━━━━༺⚜༻━━━━≾

Earlier this morning he opens his eyes and quickly sits up. Then, he sensed his headaches causing him to narrow his eyes.

Using his fingers, covered with dirt, and covers his eyes from the subtle sunlight appearing inside his window.

Staring down he realizes reaching his legs up to his bare feet. The Scout who delivered him to his room was kind enough to remove his brown boots, even if she had touched the dirt.

Elias groans as he recalls what happened. Two times they hit him at the nape causing him to be confused, flickering his eyelids.

Now, he is slowly adapting to light as he glances at the wooden door considering he recognizes he is in his room.

His vision is all blurred, causing him to feel a little dizzy. He still recognizes his surroundings.

This already happened before, waking up with a headache and blurred vision.

However, this time he wasn't waking from a hangover, he was waking up after being hit at his nape.

He slides his legs over the edge of the bed, sees his dirty boots laying on the ground as he quickly wears them.

Pushing his body up, standing while his shoulders sagged in an instant, his body turns into slush, using the nightstand to help him stand. After a moment, he forwards to the door.