013

𝐇𝐞𝐲 𝐆𝐮𝐲𝐬, 𝐈'𝐦 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐓𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠.

"𝘞𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘯 𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘪𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺."

Seneca

A day has passed since the expedition

A day has passed since the expedition. And she can't fall asleep from the terror she has seen. However, Elias is sleeping peacefully in his room like nothing happened.

The garrison hasn't sent another mail to Erwin, and the Scouts are suffering from the casualties from the expedition. The injured soldiers are in the clinic. Some of them survived from the injuries they sustained, but some didn't.

Y/n roams outside the headquarters trying to get rid of the terrors in her mind, smelling the fresh air, hearing the birds chirping. Feeling the heat from the sun reached her skin.

How weird, yesterday is full of death, but today is so peaceful as if the terror of yesterday didn't happen.

"Oi." A man called her in a gruff tone, abruptly stopping her in her track. Y/n turns around to see Levi, eyes narrowed and his hands tighten into fists.

She slowly walks towards Levi, not wanting to get beat up." Levi, I apologize." She began.

"You didn't escape, why?" He eagerly asks. 

Her eyebrows rose as her shoulders tense up to his question. "How did you know?" 

"I overheard you the night before the expedition." He answers drily.

She Gnashes her teeth as she let out a loud exhale. She never felt so dumb in her life, of all Scouts that could overhear them. Just why him? Being secretive was never her forte.

She softly looks him in the eye. " I don't know." She stupidly confesses.

She feels so tired of what is happening, she simply wants to return to my world and forget about this. She misses laughing because her cat stumbles or making fun of her stupid friends, and she wants to feel the warmth of her bed again.

"I want to survive and live." She said with a bitter laugh. Dropping her head. He turned back and didn't answer for a second. 

"Erwin is calling you." He said, "someone is looking for you."

Quickly, she raises her head, "Who?" 

"Eschen Von Carter, from then Carter Household," he answers languidly, he walks inside the headquarters.

In the office of Erwin, the elder woman she saw in the market.

"I would never expect it would be you!" She exclaimed happily. She walked to her, holding her hands and lifting them.

"Me too" She chuckled.

She nodded vigorously, " I heard you have amnesia, are you okay?" She asks.

Still grasping her hands, "I'm sorry, this is the first time we saw each other, so I never knew it was you." She apologizes, tears forming in her eyes.

Y/n is feeling a little awkward while Erwin is sitting in his chair and Levi standing at the door watching us.

"It's okay," Her eyebrows in rose, bewildered.

what kind of relative to not seeing her youngsters.

"Is it fine to invite her to my household?" She asked permission from Erwin.

"Yes, but I advise you to bring Levi as Lovise's protection," Erwin answered calmly, peeking at Levi.

They are simply making sure she won't escape by going with Miss Eschen.

"That will be fine." She said happily, pulling her outside, Levi is following them.

Outside there was a fancy black carriage awaiting for them. A man in a polo long sleeve opens the door. Miss Eschen moves inside the carriage as Y/n follows her, sitting opposite and Levi sits next to Y/n.

Levi has been quiet since they left Erwin's office.

The Coachman closes the door, and the carriage moves away from the Headquarters.

Miss Eschen closed the curtains, and her loving attitude changed. Her eyes became stern like a completely another person.

"You remember nothing?" She asks, with cold eyes staring at her. A brave and turbulent aristocrat is perfect to describe Miss Eschen.

"That's right." She answers, feeling uncomfortable as Miss Eschen continues to stare.

Slamming her eyes shut and taking in a sharp breath. "I don't blame you for leaving the house." She shrugged.

"The house you lived in is cruel, even your parents are both narrow-minded, and maybe that's the reason it killed them." She continues, not caring how she would feel.

They are not Y/n's parents, but she wonders what Lovise will feel if she hears this.

"Who killed them?" Y/n asked, putting her fists against her chest.

She slowly opens her eyes and looks at her with hostility. It made her regret asking her that question.

"Your mother's father, Dino Holstock." She answers calmly.

That was hard to swallow. What kind of family Lovise has? But, the name the Dino is familiar with, it feels like she heard it before. It made her run her temples.

"Is something the matter?" Eschen asks, tilting her head.

"I heard it from somewhere."She replied as she looked at Levi. He crossed his arms over his chest, minding his own business.

"Looks like Dino wishes to murder you, too." She grins, pressing her fingers to her lips.

The realization slowly kicks in, Reggie and his gang say something like that too.

"I am sorry about what happened. I hope you forgive your parents." She apologizes but still has stern in her eyes.

"I don't know what to say, Miss Esch–."

"You don't have to say anything, the sheet I gave you is still available, use it and as much I love this reunion, this is all I can say and do for now." She knocks on the carriage, causing it to stop.

The door opens by the Coachman and Levi is the first one to leave the Carriage, Y/n follows him.

"Next time call me grandma." She smiled, Coachman closed the door, and they rode off.

That woman will have mood swings.

"At least drop us near the Headquarters." Levi fumes irritably, watching where the carriage goes.

As the sun sets, they return to the headquarters. Welcomed by an angry Elias.