044

𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤

"𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘯 𝘰𝘤𝘦𝘢𝘯 𝘰𝘧 𝘴𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘶𝘴... 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐 𝘢𝘮 𝘥𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘪𝘵."

 ―Ranata Suzuki

The two slightly gasp as their eyes widen, wondering what does she mean by that

The two slightly gasp as their eyes widen, wondering what does she mean by that. And Levi has the thought of her.

"Lovise came back!" She continues, she inches forward after she catches her breath.

His intuition is right, making him clench his fists. Erwin stands on his chair, staring at the woman at the door.

They couldn't believe it. How did Y/n come back?

"Where is she?!" Levi asks. His heart is banging so fast that he could feel it giving no attention to it.

"She's in the infirmary!" The woman Scout replied.

Without wasting a second, Levi stomps his foot towards the door. The woman Scouts step aside for him to leave, Levi didn't bother to give attention to Erwin as he fled the office.

≿━━━━༺⚜༻━━━━≾

When he reaches the infirmary, reaching for the doorknob. His hands are trembling. His breathing begins uneven and yet the anticipation engulfs him, making him swing the door.

His breath hitches as steps forward. He couldn't believe it. She was alive.

Y/n leaning to the wooden headboard. Head lowered as gazing at her cup of water while fidgeting with her fingers at the handle. She didn't hear the door opened, and she didn't notice Levi staring at her with such warmhearted eyes.

"Lovise," Levi breathed.

Y/n jerked her head towards the voice and saw Levi staring back at her. Her lips parted while her eyes widened.

"Levi," Y/n said, in a hoarse voice.

Levi didn't step forward as he kept staring in disbelief. And relieved to wash over him.

"You're alive." Levi continues, his voice was low.

"I wouldn't want you to be spitting on my grave." Y/n smile, but it didn't reach her eyes.

"What happened?" Levi finally asks.

And Y/n still planning to not tell everything about what happened. She knew they would not believe her, even if she couldn't believe it. Y/n stares back at her cup, not gazing at Levi's eyes.

"Dritt, he said he has news to pass to Commander Erwin." She answered.

It bewildered Levi, considering they have received no news from Dritt. Making him grips his fist more tightly than before.

"And that is?" Levi's face dims.

Y/n who knows nothing keeps her gaze at the cup. She didn't know it prepared Levi to punch someone.

"The Titan came back." She answered.

Levi furrowed his brows. He instantly knew that Dritt was lying about the Titan. If the Titan truly came back, he should have known since the Titan would rush to them, to get Eren.

Levi turns around, leaving Y/n bewildered. She still hasn't the slightest idea, but she doesn't have to. Because Levi has the satisfaction to do the job for her.

≿━━━━༺⚜༻━━━━≾

Reaching the rooms in the Scout, he saw Dritt quietly leaning in the corridor. He was screwed up as if he was regretting what he had done. But that wasn't right.

"Oi!" Levi yells, he keeps walking towards Dritt with his clenched fists.

Dritt turns his head and his eyes widen to see Levi glaring at him. Fury glowed in his eyes. Dritt instantly knows the reason he is approaching him. Putting his hands up in defense, sweat slowly dripping from his forehead.

"Wa–wait, let me explain!" Dritt exclaims as he steps back.

Levi didn't care, punching the guy's cheek. Dritt stumbled to the ground as his finger rubbed his cheeks. Levi clicks his tongue. He turns around to leave.

"I just want to survive!" Dritt exclaims, "what's so wrong about it?!"

Levi stops, glancing over his shoulder. "Nothing. It's how you do it. And, the person who is affected by it."

His eyes are cold. And yet Levi could understand Dritt more than anyone. After all, he experienced it in the past. But, the person he cared about is injured, Levi wouldn't allow it.

Dritt widens his eyes at Levi's answers as Levi leaves Dritt.

≿━━━━༺⚜༻━━━━≾

Levi came back to the infirmary, standing behind the door while it lowered his head. Still, his heart wouldn't stop aching. He doesn't know why. He already punched the guy who is the reason Y/n is in the infirmary, the reason Y/n went into a horrible situation.

Levi burst inside the room, while Y/n is still sitting in the bed while she leans on the wooden headboard.

It hasn't been an hour when Levi left the room earlier, causing Y/n to look at him bewilderedly. Especially after what happened earlier, leaving her alone with no explanation.

"Levi, what's—" Y/n began. However, cut off by Levi.

"Make it stop!" Levi yells with head duck below, gripping his fists as he couldn't bear what he feels inside his complicated heart.

"What do you mean?" Y/n couldn't understand why Levi would burst in when she was simply recovering from her early expedition.

"This!" Gripping the shirts, while placing his fists to his heart.

"It hurts, I couldn't stop. No matter what I do—I can't stop." For the first time, his voice stoic cracked.

"When will this stop?" Levi wasn't angry anymore. He is begging.

Y/n tilted her head and said, "If it was love. It won't."