I called Tyson who had the software which would easily help. Once I explained everything, he helped me and within ten minutes, I was looking at Quillon’s inbox. I checked one week’s mail but there was no video in it.

Running a hand through my hair, I growled in frustration before turning off the iPad and slamming it on the table. I am sure Konrad had sent it through some device. He did mention gift, which only means, he sent it through some memory device.

Sighing, I stood up and was about to leave when something caught my eye. It was actually a photo of a girl. Her face was covered by the files placed above, but I could see her platinum blonde hair in the photo.

I knew a girl with platinum blonde hair and she was my enemy. Quillon just said he had enemies… could she be in the list?

Without any guilt or hesitation, I picked up the files, kept above the photo, and placed it aside. I inhaled sharply when I got a good look of the girl in the photo.

It was the same girl- Sanity!

A seventeen year old assassin, who works for Konrad. The very same one who had killed my mom, right in front of me, five years ago.

Me and my mom were in a crowded café when the incident had happened. While having a cup of coffee, with my mom, I was telling her about my incomplete assignment. When I had lowered my head to keep the coffee cup, on the saucer, I felt something swiftly passing right in front of me, which flayed my hair.

When I had looked up in surprise, I found my mom falling on the ground, with a Kerambit punctured to her throat. Screaming, I had knelt down beside my mom, only to see her gasping for air. While I had looked around, I had found this twelve year old girl, standing beside Kornad and smirking at me.

“I never miss my target” Sanity had said when I had stared at her in dismay.

Snapping out of that painful memory, I stared at Sanity’s photo. I was not her target. She had intended to kill my mom that day and she was successful in doing that, right in front of me. Ever since, then I wanted to kill that insane girl. The last time, I tried, she escaped, but I was able to cut half of her left ear.

But not the next time!

Her photo was in the envelope and I recalled that this was the same envelope Quillon was holding yesterday night, before dinner. Keeping Sanity’s photo over a file, I looked at the other photos.

My eyes widened when I realized that the other photos were of, Ekon, Cable, Rick, Jared and Konrad. I looked at all their photos, which was obviously captured by a CCTV camera because that’s the only way you can get their picture.

The photos fluttered from my fingers and fell on the table. Konrad!

Quillon had said that he had lots of enemies. Is Konrad one of them? Do we both have the same enemies? Why else would Quillon have their photos? I let my head fall back and closed my eyes. I had meant to keep Quillon away from Konrad, but what if he is already in some sort of rivalry with Konrad? What will I be able to do then?

My wolf started pacing repeatedly inside me because she didn’t understand why Quillon had all their photos. What is he up to?

Scratching my forehead, I once again looked at the photos and tapped my foot on the ground. I still couldn’t make a connection. The way Konrad spoke about Quillon today, I was very sure he had only been after Quillon because he is my mate. Is there more to that?

Or is Quillon after Konrad? As I contemplated different reasons for this to happen, only one flashed again and again in my head- Elegance Pack. Quillon’s mom belonged to Elegance and she is still upset that her pack had been destroyed, her family had been killed. Is that why? Or is there more?