Chapter 19

Namaste,

Chapter 19 is here and it is dedicated to @BoomBox9:D

Btw, PLEASE READ THE NOTE AT THE END

****

“So how did he look at me?"

"Like it was his birthday and you were the cake.” 
― Karen Marie Moning
, Dreamfever

DARYA P.O.V

Quillon entered Quinn’s room, with me following closely behind. Even though the lights in his room were switched off, he was awake and he sat up when he saw us.

“It’s not twelve yet” he grumbled.

“It is” I replied, while he picked up his cell phone and checked the time.

“No. Wait a minute… Oh! It’s twelve now” he grinned.

“Happy-” Quillon held my arm and shook his head. “What?” I asked confused.

“I have to wish myself first” Quinn said getting off the bed and I shot him a startled look, while Quillon rolled his eyes.

Oh?

“Happy birthday to me” Quinn beamed, while Quillon moved forward and hugged him.

“Happy birthday” Quillon said ruffling his brother’s hair. “May you have many more to come” he added.

“Thanks Q” Quinn replied with a smile.

“Happy birthday” I said hugging him and also kissing his cheeks. There was a low growl from Quillon, which he covered up by coughing.

“Thanks” he said blushing slightly while I giggled.

“Your gift is there” Quillon told Quinn pointing towards the balcony.

“What?” Quinn said already making his way towards the balcony. There he lowered his head and stared at the swimming pool, where Quillon had placed his gift- an inflatable standing paddle board.

“You got it? You actually got it? It looks awesome too and I already love it” Quinn laughed hugging his brother again, while Quillon and I chuckled watching his enthusiasm. “I am going to check it out” Quinn said hanging over the bannister.

“Wait” I cried all of a sudden, remembering I have not yet given him my gift. “Just wait here for a minute” I added rushing towards my room. Fortunately, this time I ran to my new room. From my college bag, I pulled out the palm sized envelope. Running back to Quinn’s room, I handed him the envelope, which he took and started opening the seal.

“You are giving me your credit card too?” he asked laughing when he saw my gift.

“Umm…” I said shaking my head, while Quillon looked at me in surprise.

“Oh! It’s not a real credit card” Quinn said pulling out the card. “Credit card survival tool?” he asked smirking and I nodded.

“It performs eleven functions” I pointed, while he separated the black finish and inspected the knife, can opener, screw driver.

“Hey, this is really good” Quinn said running his fingers on the saw blade and I sighed.  I honestly thought he wouldn’t like it because compared to Quillon’s gift, this was nothing. “The blades are sharp” he said running his thumb on the blade of the knife.

“I have one too” I said grinning.

“Thanks again Darya” Quinn said leaning forward and kissing me in the cheek. This time Quillon didn’t bother covering his growl.