Chapter 12; Twisted cousins (part 1)

Aarti's pov

I return to my hotel room and pick up my bag filled with all the necessary tools and head to the place where I will find my first prey.

I walk through the busy streets and stopped opposite to a building, a coaching centre to be precise.

Why am I here? This is the place where I will catch my first prey, my easiest and most important prey.

I look down towards my watch to check the time, I am just 4 minutes early, anytime now, they will be out.

I stand there waiting and tapping my foot on the ground, when I saw a group of children coming out of the building.

I check all the faces when my eyes land on the two people I came here for. I start moving in their direction trying to be invisible in the crowd.

I have their whole schedule in my mind and know exact lanes they would take to go back home. I go ahead of them to a deserted street through which they will pass and hide in a corner.

They were chatting while walking and when the elder one of them took out hus phone and start scrolling through something.

I took this as a chance and quietly crept behind them and pressed a nerve on the neck of my second cousin who wasn't looking in her phone.

I have learnt all these little yet useful things like which nerve to press to lose consciousness and which to press for instant kill.

Being engrossed in his phone my first cousin kept on walking while I quietly dragged to a side. I again crept behind him and used the same tactic with him but I guess he sensed something and turned back.

But before he could scream or understand what was happening, I hit his head with my elbow, bit not hard enough to kill. He dropped down to the ground and I rubbed my elbow.

Damn, hard skull, I could have fractured my bone. I have to be more careful from now on.

So many years I have prepared for this revenge, that is the reason I was able to pick them and take them where I was going to interrogate and probably them kill them.

*Time skip

I was putting a muscle pain releiver on my elbow when I heard a grunt behind me. He is up, sweet, I will not have to wait for long.

He looks up at me squinting his eyes and tries to move his hand, probably to rub his head, when he realizes his hands are tied. He turns to me, again squinting his eyes.

Aarti- "Did you loose your eyesight or did the hit on your head make you lose your memories?"

He gasps " A-arti "

Aarti-"Oh, you remember, good then you will be able to answer my questions."

1st cousin- " W-hat questions? Why am I tied? I- I am your cousin, for god sake, n-ot some enemy. "

Aarti - " Ha, cousin, not an enemy. I guess your memory did get hazy after all."

1st Cousin - " W-hat? What do you m-ean?"

Aarti - " Was I not your cousin? Or was my father not your father's brother when you people, all of you, planned his murder,huh?"

I turn around trying to stop those stupid tears from coming out of my eyes.

1st cousin- " Wh-w-I-o-but-ga-how-I.."

Aarti - " Not being able to even make a proper sentence very well proves that I am right. But... I want to hear it from your own mouth. "

I look at his sister at her side
" Wake her"

1st Cousin- " No, don't drag her in it."

Aarti- " Protective much? Ha, another proof you don't look at me as a cousin. "

1st cousin - " I won't let you do anything, you daughter of a worthless sh-"

Aarti - " I DARE YOU TO COMPLETE THAT SENTENCE."

This made him go silent.

Aarti - " You know what, let her sleep for now, cause if she is up, she will faint again when she sees what I am going to do. "

1st cousin - " Wh-what? What are you going to do? "

I smiled sweetly.

Aarti - " Nothing much, just...some questioning."

1st cousin - " I do not k-now anything wh-at you are talking about. "

Aarti - "Aww, my innocent little brother. How can I do this to you if you act so sweet, *sighs* but I am sorry the sweet act won't help you. "

I opened the bag I had brought with me and took out my equipments, I smile broadly, my equipments for torture.

************************************

Avantika's pov

After a long crying session we leave that bewitched hospital place and come out to see the aftermath of the incident.

I just look down while Sarthak calls for a taxi while holding me because crying had me weak and I felt I would collapse if I stand.

Without a word being exchanged we reach a hotel where Sarthak books two rooms for us.

He leads me to my room.

Sarthak- " Take a rest for now, I will book your flight."
He turns to leave.

Avantika - " No. "

He turns to me and furrows his brows.

Sarthak-" No?"

Avantika- " I won't go back."

Sarthak - " Avi, there is no use of staying here anymore, it will just hurt you more, I am booking your flight that's it."

Avantika- " I SAID NO, I won't go back, something seems wrong like a puzzle piece missing. It all doesn't fit, I just don't understand.... Sarthak, if you want you can go back but I need to go to the core of this matter. "

He sighs " I can't leave you alone, rest you decide. " With that he left the room closing the door on the way.

I lie on the hotel bed and bring up my knees to my chest and stare into space leading myself to fall asleep. I guess trauma really exhausts people.....

***********************************
Author -

Hey hey hey hey

How's everyone?
😁
Tell me what ya think and one more thing you like Aarti's pov more or Avantika's?

Oh and I guess by now you know my not giving names to not important characters. What do you think? Should give names?

I love u 😉 so plz do vote 😑😅

Thanks~
Mahi😇