Introduction, Gender, Characters, History etc

All the astrological bodies(The planets, Stars, Constellations, etc) have Humanoid Essences called Their Pneuma. The Pneuma looks human, but it is not. It's a being with specific, or sometimes numerous, magical powers

So every 5000 years or so the Pneuma of the zodiacs shifts from its previous owner to a new one. There is another planet, hidden from normal humans, Haumea, (A/N I know in reality it's not hidden from humans, but let's pretend it is), It is very large(almost 4 times the size of the Sun) The humanoid essences of most astrological bodies stay at Haumea. They control their domains from there.

Their ruler is the Pneuma of the Orion.

Now, the Pneumas like having occasional flings with humans that are in the human world (A/N: Simply because we're too irresistible, right guys? ;P) Often these result in them having kids with mortals, but because can't live with the mortals and can't bring their children to Haumea, they've set up an academy where their children, who inherit some of their powers and are total warriors, grow up and train and are educated. These kids are called 'Fortemistes.'

There are other beings too, beings straight from hell.

The Abians.

They hate all of the Pneumas and their children. Why? Because just seeing the Pneumas triggers something in them and the Abians want to just finish them off. Also, the Abians are always looking to get control of the Solar System and The Pneumas, who are the guardians of their homeland (i.e the solar system) never let them, so obviously there won't be any nice little chats over tea with the Abians.

So, naturally The Abians are always picking on the Pneumas' mortal children. But, the mortals aren't weak either, so most of the times when the Abians start a battle, they are defeated.

Back to the Zodiac stuff. So, the Pneumas also have kids with one another and those were destined to be the next Zodiacs. Until, the Sun's Pneuma expressed her thoughts of doing an experiment. How about they use their time portal to chose 12 of their kids from different time periods like one from 16th century, one from 17th etc. And those kids have to be the most powerful of their age. Then those kids should be made The Next Zodiac Pneuma.

The others (and by others I mean the other Pneumas) decided that the should give a chance to their mortal kids too. The Pneumas felt that they owed it to their mortal kids, after all the things their mortal kids had done for them in the battles against The Abians. Nevertheless, their mortal kids didn't really know them since they never met them and the Pneumas didn't care about their mortal kids either so it was going to be awkward.

So, it was decided that the children of The Largest and the Most Powerful Constellation Pneumas would be chosen for this. These Pneumas were: Hydra, Ursa Major, Cetus, Eridanus, Centarus, Aquilla, Canis Major, Cassieopia, Cygnus, Lyra, Scorpius, Antlia.

Now, I wanna keep this brief, so it was also decided that each mortal that would be the Zodiac  would also have another mortal with them, of the opposite gender. The Pneumas didn't trust their mortal kids enough to let them rule each of the Zodiac domain by themselves, so they decided another powerful mortal would be handy too. The main Zodiacs would still be more powerful than their "Advisers."

(A Note before you read on. I didn't just randomly decide on the Genders. I searched multiple websites to see whether a sign emitted Feminine energy or Masculine energy. But then I added the Advisers. So If you don't like the gender of your Zodiac, the Adviser would be of the opposite gender. And I would focus on all The signs and their Advisers equally.)

So, The Genders of The Main Zodiacs:

Female: Pisces, Cancer, Scorpio, Capricorn, Taurus and Virgo.