Chapter 18 - Absolution

Start from the beginning

When you returned, you saw Flash and Twilight blushing while hugging. Twilight pulled him in a sweet kiss as everyone around them cheered. Most of the audience had come back and was cheering as well. You pulled Spike aside and looked at Flash.

Y/N: "What happened, Spike? I only left for like 30 seconds." 

Spike: "Well, they explained how The Dazzlings had manipulated everybody and you saw the rest."

Y/N: "Good for them." You then heard Sunset play an amazing guitar riff. "Woah Sunset, that was awesome!"

Rainbow Dash: "We'll see." The (Hu)Mane hug her as the audience applauded. You gave her a wink and sighed happily.

Y/N: 'Now that Paul is my friend again and Sunset is a Rainboom, looks like life is going up!'

Later that night...

You were sitting in Paul's new bedroom and looked at his new laundry basket. Since your mom didn't want to buy Paul an entirely new wardrobe, you gave him some of your non-fitting or rarely worn outfits. Rarity helped by bringing him some dress shirts that were in the clearance bin at the Carousel Boutique.

Paul: "So are we going to be like brothers or friends?"

Y/N: "Well, you've practically been a brother. Plus, I want to get to do this!" You noogied him and got him to giggle.

Paul: "I just can't believe your parents were so understanding. Despite the abbreviated explanation, I gave them."

Y/N: "We'll tell them sometime in the future. But for now, you need to focus on returning to school and learning about friendship again. I'll take care of the rest."

Paul: "Does that mean you can show me your powers? I don't have any but, you're the one who got bit by a radioactive spider." You smirked before jumping up and crawling on the ceiling.

Y/N: "You mean like this?" You shot a web across the room and created a hammock. "I can show while I'm not busy. With being awesome."

Paul chuckled and laid on his bed. 

Paul: "I'm ready to prove myself as a worthy friend Y/N. I will reform myself and become a better person."

F/N: "You can start by keeping your room clean Paul!" Your dad called from the hallway. You scrambled to get rid of the webbing and threw it out of the window. Both of your parents entered Paul's room and smiled.

M/N: "As well as doing your chores and getting back in school. You expect big things from you young man."

Y/N: "He knows."

Paul: "I'll do my best Mr. and Mrs. L/N."

F/N: "You're our son now Paul. It's Dad now, just don't wear out the name." You both rolled your eyes playfully at the dad joke.

Paul: "Operation: Back On Track begins...NOW!"

The next day...

You and Paul arrived at The Wondercolt Statue and saw the rest of The Rainbooms saying goodbye to Twilight and Spike.

Applejack: "...wish you could stay longer."

Twilight Sparkle: "Me too, but I have responsibilities in Equestria I have to get back to. Its citizens need me."

Y/N: "With great power comes great responsibility. My Uncle Ben taught me that."

Twilight Sparkle: "Exactly. But I can always go through the portal whenever I need to. This isn't goodbye. It's just goodbye 'til next time." Everyone smiled.

Y/N: "I hope to see you soon, Twilight."

Twilight Sparkle: "Me too Y/N." She looked at Spike. "Ready to go Spike?"

Spike: "Ready. And stay cool Y/N."

Y/N: "You too, Spike." You two high-fived before he and Twilight went through the portal. 'Hopefully, she comes back sooner than later.'

Time Skip

Back at the amphitheater, you and Paul were chatting while The Rainbooms were preparing to practice. Sunset Shimmer was happily writing in her journal to Twilight.

Sunset Shimmer: "Dear Princess Twilight, missing you already and I hope you'll be back soon. Things are definitely looking up for me at Canterlot High. But I know I still have a lot to learn about friendship, maybe even love. I'll definitely be helping Paul learn as well. Hope you don't mind if I write to you for advice when I need it. Your friend, Sunset Shimmer."

Y/N: "Hey Sunny, they're about to start." You informed. You were about to leave when you felt her grab your wrist.

Sunset Shimmer: "Hey Y/N. Thanks for believing in me and being there for me. It means a lot."

Y/N: "No prob Sunny. You're important to me and being Spider-Man made me realize that. You are the first person I've ever taken for a web-swing." Your charming smile made Sunset blush when Rainbow Dash called Sunset.

Rainbow Dash: "Sunset, you ready, or what?"

You gave Sunset a nod and winked. She returned the nod and got rid of her blush.

Sunset Shimmer: 'I feel so warm, cozy, and joyful around Y/N. It must be love I'm experiencing.' She thought before looking at Rainbow Dash. "Ready." She grabbed her guitar. Once she got to her spot, Pinkie tapped her drumsticks together.

Pinkie Pie: "One! Two! Three! Four!"

A/N: Play song

Somewhere in Canterlot...

Someone with familiar-looking hair was observing a pinboard. A photograph of Canterlot High resided in the center with a bunch of red string connecting it to graphs, tables, chart readings, and in the bottom corner was a picture of you...as Spider-Man.

The person was none other than Twilight Sparkle?! 

Her non-talking dog Spike was behind her and ate out of a bowl of dog food.

Sci-Twi: "There's no doubt about it Spike. Something strange is going on at the school and it might have to do with him." She told Spike who just barked.

Author's Note: Hooray! Your origin story and the Rainbow Rocks arc are finally complete! But before I hop into Friendship Games, I'm going to write a couple of original chapters. See ya in the next chapter!