Chapter 4 - New Kid In Town Pt. 2

You walked inside of The Canterlot Mall and look around as you admire the interior design of the mall.

Y/N: "This mall is incredible... but, I need some food."

The Canterlot Mall was a two-story shopping mall with multiple stores and kiosks. This includes the smoothie kiosk, a fabrics store, a sunglasses kiosk, a food court, and a movie theater called Flixiplex Cinemas. A large water fountain is in the center of the first floor and there are television monitors throughout the complex.

Y/N grabbed a burger, fries, and a large drink with a pretzel.

You were looking for a place to sit when he saw a girl with red and yellow streaked hair sitting alone with a soda in her hand.

Y/N: "Woahhh

Y/N: "Woahhh...that girl is gorgeous. But she also looks lonely. Maybe she'll let me sit with her."

One week earlier

After Sunset Shimmer had reformed from her previously evil ways, she strived to show everyone she had bullied that she was a changed person. Her only friends, after Princess Twilight Sparkle left, were Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack, and Fluttershy.

Flash Sentry, her ex-boyfriend, was a bit more friendly but things were obviously still awkward between them after the whole 'Sunset Demon' situation

While Sunset Shimmer was desperately trying to put the past behind her, it was only a matter of whether anyone besides her friends would do the same.

Present Time

Y/N: "Excuse me, do you mind if I sit here?"

Sunset Shimmer looked up at Y/N flashing his radiant smile and blushed.

Sunset Shimmer: "You... want to sit with me?" 'Oh my gosh, he is so hot.'

Y/N: "Well, yeah. You looked lonely and I just thought I should sit here with you."

Sunset Shimmer turned away from Y/N to hide her blush and shook it away.

Sunset Shimmer: "My name is Sunset Shimmer. What's your name?"

Y/N: "I'm Y/N. My family and I just moved here today from Manhattan."

Sunset Shimmer: "Manhattan, huh? Must have been a long flight."

Y/N: "It was but, since everyone here in Canterlot is so nice, I think it was worth it."

He then started eating his burger and drank half of his drink before continuing.

Y/N: "I'm starting school at Canterlot High on Monday. Do you go there?"

Sunset Shimmer: "You're gonna go to CHS? That's-nice..."

Y/N: "What's wrong Sunset? Is it a bad high school?"

Sunset Shimmer: "No! Canterlot High's incredible. It's the only place I've made friends."

Y/N: "Really? I thought beautiful girls always had huge squads." You complimented before sipping his drink.

Sunset Shimmer: 'Y/N thinks I'm beautiful? Y/N thinks I'm beautiful! Eeeee!!!'

Sunset looked at her drink and sighed unhappily.

Sunset Shimmer: "The thing is Y/N, I have a dark past. At Canterlot High."

Y/N: "Really? How dark?"

Sunset Shimmer: "You see, my parents...they used me for attention. They always pressured me and pressured me to ask someone important to give me something I wasn't ready for. I was so caught in trying to please my parents that I decided to only listen to my inner demon. I ran away from home and ended up here in Canterlot. I manipulated friendships, bullied others to get my own way, and carried hatred and anger in my heart. And I was all alone. When my new friends challenged me, I realized how cruel I had been and how little I knew about friendship. I'm trying to become a better person but, everyone else still thinks I'm the same old me."

You sat and thought about what Sunset Shimmer had said and looked into her eyes with compassion. You then did something that caught her by surprise...you hugged her.

Y/N: "I'm so sorry you had to go through all that Sunset, but if it makes you feel better, I believe you've changed for the better."

Sunset Shimmer looked back into your eyes on the brink of tears. "Really?"

Y/N: "Really."

Sunset Shimmer: "So Y/N, do you want to be friends?"

Y/N: "Thought you'd never ask, m'lady."

Sunset laughed at your joke as the two of you grabbed your cups.

Y/N: "Cheers?"

Sunset Shimmer: "Cheers." She took a bite and watched you eat the whole half into two quick bites. 'Y/N is so compassionate, kind, understanding, and handsome. Ever since we've met it feels like there are a hundred butterflies in my stomach. Is-is this...true love?'

Author's Note: Y/N and Sunset Shimmer have finally met! But plenty lies ahead for you two. In the next chapter, you'll discover your superpowers...