Chapter Twenty-Eight

Anxiety runs through my veins as I set foot on the school grounds again. I don't know if the news that I went missing reached my university. There were missing cases at the forest already so they might include me as one. Good thing that I didn't get interviewed though. Maybe they asked Max instead. I forgot to ask this to him. One thing's for sure, Sky hates me even more for not reconciling with her. That girl is pampered with everyone's attention and she hates it when she can't get it.

I dropped by at the cafeteria to buy an orange juice and a sandwich. Tom and I talked for quite a while that I forgot I'm late at my first day of school. It was like a conversation between a caring older brother for his sister. It was like I had another brother instead of a pet. Well, I am glad he decided to "adopt" me.

The hallway is so crowded, it is indeed the first day of classes. I am heading to my first class when I saw a familiar face from a distance. A blonde girl who stopped walking when she saw me. Her expression is like she just saw a ghost. Leanna and the others noticed that their alpha suddenly froze. They all frowned at us like they can't comprehend what's happening. For them they were staring at two separate worlds. I smiled at her while she glared at me like she wants to spill her hot coffee on my face. She might be thinking that I died my hair black because she didn't know it's my hair's natural color.

I don't know what else to do so I just continue on walking. Sky and I have our own little secret and it's our friendship. Even if I want to embrace her with these frail arms, I still want us to remain a secret. So no one can judge her for being my friend. As I come closer to her, I noticed she was already crying. Her other friends asked her what's wrong and I heard her say, She's my friend.

Sky immediately went for a hug. Everyone was looking at us as they passed by. Sky is literally bawling her eyes out and my shirt is getting soak from her tears.

"Uh, Sky... I can feel your coffee on my back."

She still managed to hold her drink firmly despite her emotional breakdown. I didn't expect her to react this way. It's not a secret anymore.

"Shut up! I missed you stupid!" She said between her sobs.

We held each other for a minute until Leanna got annoyed at us and left without saying anything.

"Where have you been? I've been calling and messaging you but you didn't even dare to answer. I felt bad when I told you that you might as well be gone forever. I really thought you took my word and you're gone forever. I didn't know anything about you, your family, where you live. I don't know who I should ask about you. That's when I realized how awful I am as a friend."

Yes, you know enough about me. The rumors are in fact true. I wonder how she would react if I told her everything. Is she going to leave me too? I think I prefer not to involve her with my past. The more she got involved, I would just make things difficult for her.

"No, it's fine. I went to our vacation house. I decided not to bring my phone with me so I apologize if I didn't send you a message but thank you for worrying about me."

"I knew black hair suits you."

Hearing those words were like a breath of fresh air because I am so used on hearing that I should change it.

"Thanks, I thought it would freak you out to see my new hair," I laughed.

"No, it's pretty! Anyway, you owe me one. I embarrassed myself in front of everyone," she said jokingly while wiping away her tears.

"Are you not worried that everyone's going to talk about us?"

"You're really not checking your SNS, are you?" She rummages through her shoulder bag and brought out her phone. She clicked the app and showed me her post. "We know that you've been missing for days. It became more alarming when there were a lot of missing persons in that area. I am afraid that I might not see you again. You're my confidant. You're important to me and I want them to know that. I don't care what other people will say. They should know how great you are as a friend."

There were no words for me. I just stare at her face and admire our friendship. I also thought she was going to leave me after we fought before summer break. I was so afraid that I will be left alone again. I don't have to worry about ruining her reputation because she doesn't care anymore. It has been a good day for me and I am afraid that something bad might happen.

Despite all my worries and doubts, I hugged her again and closed my eyes. I wish to stay like this forever. We laughed at each other because we just realized how we look like a mess right now. We went to our first class and it's something we haven't done before, together.