Chapter Nine

There are times that I would just watch television for the whole day waiting something better to happen. I felt utterly hopeless. The movies I watched everyday were the only ones that made me feel okay. Until one day, I stumbled upon a horror movie where a girl who was repeatedly abused, slaughtered her perpetrators one by one. She just used a long and sharp knife. I swear there were no days that I stopped thinking about how she killed them. At that time, I had an idea on my mind that I can't tell to anyone.

That night when he beat the crap out of my brother for going to the police made me lose my mind. I waited for the opportune moment. I watched him while he's sleeping soundly, when he is most vulnerable. I went for the knife wearing only the shirt he put on me. I sat on his stomach and started on stabbing him in every way possible. He woke up and tried to put a fight but he's already not in the perfect shape to do that. He fell down on the floor, breathing heavily and he said to me one last time, "Tell me I'm a good teacher to you." He laughed like an idiot, his final idiotic giggle. I stabbed him for the last time in the head where he is lacking. I let both of his eyes open so that he can still see the monster he made out of a child. The next morning, the cops went to my house while I'm watching the movie that ended my suffering. I made sure that I did exactly everything in the movie.

"You should have asked Her Majesty about that. Not me," Violet said sternly. Sitting on the couch while I sat on my bed.

Chles had already planned Violet and the golem to accompany me in the first place. Violet said I should have asked something other than that. The two of us are inside my room while Orly decided to stay at the door. Maybe he still felt uncomfortable with me.

"For the record, I didn't know that," I said in my defense.

"Why did you requested for us, huh?"

"It's because I know you two are going to help me."

"What makes you say that?" She said with a sly smile.

"Is she your sister?"

She averted her eyes away from me. Refusing to answer my question.

"I heard them and the red hair girl talking in the bathhouse. I don't want to listen to whatever they are talking about but they're voices are too loud and I think they are not aware that I was there." I gulped.

"What were they talking about?"

"I'm going to tell you everything I know in exchange for your help. Deal?"

"How dare you make a deal with me, you're just a mere human." Violet narrowed her eyes.

I raised my left hand and showed the emblem to her. "A mere human who has a contract with a demon."

She let out a scornful laugh. "Are you kidding me? Do you have any idea where and what your demon is doing? He's locked up with his stupid cat sleeping soundly."

Bingo. At least now I am a hundred percent sure that Sebastian is vulnerable at this moment. Meaning it's possible for me to escape.

"What I'm asking is the simplest thing you could ever do. I just want to know more about this world. Those guys and even your Queen won't tell me a damn thing about it because they want me to be oblivious of everything so they can manipulate me."

But they are so wrong about me. I will try to put up a fight.

"Alright. It's a deal." She offered a handshake and I gladly took it.

"They were talking about the rebellion against Chles," I said, her expression didn't change. "Tomorrow there will be a new monarch and I will make sure Lilith will be the next Queen, the red-haired girl said."