Chapter Fourteen

There's a knock on my door and when I opened it, I saw my brother's sympathetic smile. He's holding a tray. So I guess it's dinnertime. I will have pasta and bread for today's menu. I wonder where he brought this but it smells good. He walked inside my room to bring the food on my study table. I couldn't ask for a better brother than him.

"Thanks, Max. I appreciate all your efforts."

His smile turned into sorrow. Did I say something wrong?

"We can go to a hotel if you want. You don't have to endure this, alone. You have me."

I have him. Those words really give me hope that whatever happens, he will always be by my side. I sat on my chair and started eating the delicious meal in front of me.

"Can you play your guitar for me? You should really pursue a career in music. I'm pretty sure that you'll be popular!"

"You're changing the topic again. How long can you keep this act, huh? I am offering you help right now. Do you want me to drag you all the way to the hotel?"

Max is really serious but I can't just leave. He will kill them if I leave or if I told the authorities. I can't risk their lives.

"You know what? I am beginning to think that you're actually enjoying it!"

He stormed out of the room. What he said was painful. It's okay. I have to understand because he doesn't know about the consequences. I finished the food then throw it away in the trashcan. He doesn't have to know that Max is helping me.

An hour later, he entered my room. He's earlier than usual so it means he'll finish up early but that's what I thought. He did it to me over and over again like I am just his toy. He made me do things I don't want to, made me scream things I don't want to. Did I really have no choice?

"One of my friends wants to come over to see you. He liked the stories that I told him about you."

He stood up and went to the shower. This is his daily routine. After going out with his friends in the morning, he will return to the house in the evening and sleep with me and then he will take a bath so he can sleep peacefully beside me. What if my friends found out about this? What will they think of me? I have cried thousand times whenever he's in the shower. Maybe I really have a choice but I am too scared to do it. The girl from the movie had done it so effortlessly, that means I can do it too. I can get out of here.

"What are you doing?"

I didn't notice that I am holding the fork like it's a knife. He noticed that I am about to stab him with this so he slowly backed away. Could someone really die from a fork?

"Why do you have that? Give me that fucking fork or I will kill your brother!"

I opened my eyes and saw Orly beside me.

"I think you were having a bad dream so I wake you up, Lady Quinn."

Lady. I don't even qualify to be one.

"No, thank you for waking me up. I'm having nightmares again. Can you please just call me Quinn?" I smiled at him.

My throat hurts and my voice sounded raspy. Probably because I was yelling my lungs out before I passed out. It's been a while since I had that dream. I guess the things that my mind had repressed, they began to resurface again.

"But... okay then, Quinn," he smiled back.

As I took a glance outside, I noticed that the weather is nice today. Orly saw that I was sweating buckets so he offered me a piece of cloth. My health is declining really fast ever since I met them. I can't count how many times I lost consciousness. Speaking of them, they're not here. I'm certain that Sebastian carried me all the way here because how could I come here after passing out?