Chapter Twelve

"Quinn! Quinn, wake up! I can't carry you!"

I opened my eyes and felt Tom's paw slapping my face to wake me up. I have a rapid heart rate and it's tough to breathe. I can't even move a finger. Opening my eyes for too long is too much work for me. What the hell happened? How much blood did they took from me?

I tried looking around and the palace that was once well-built and elegant is falling apart. I heard loud explosives and people shouting. I felt so exhausted that my mind can't process what's happening around me. It's just pure chaos.

A black mist engulfed everything on sight and there's little light to see anything. It's much darker than the night and the air feels deadly cold.

"Sebastian! You fucking idiot! I can't see anything!" Tom shouted.

It was loud enough because everything went silent after the darkness consumed everything. Then there's a faint light that I saw from afar. It's like the one that I saw on the tower. I squinted my eyes to see it clearly. Violet and Orly are running towards me. He said something and then he carried me. We ran away from Sebastian's overwhelming dark smoke. Tom said he will catch up later he just needs to do something.

"Violet." I said weakly. I am so worried that the revolt had already started and probably they were successful on bringing back their King to life. "Where's Helena and Ruby?"

"I don't know but we need you to get out of here first." She said with a heavy breath from running.

"Why are you helping me? Go find them." I said.

She didn't answer. I know she felt awful for helping Chles collecting blood from humans. This might be her way of compensating for the guilt she's experiencing.

We reached a forest and from here you can see how shattered the palace looks like. Everything inside the two mile radius is like a bottomless pit of darkness. It is so scary that I started to get shivers. I am not dreaming and that's for sure. This is my reality.

"A-are you okay, Lady Quinn?" Orly asked me. He's still carrying me.

"I'm okay. Please put me down."

"Can you sit now?"

"Yes, I think so."

He helped me to sit on my own while holding both of my arms. Violet handed me the same gray potion. I thought it was only for the blood loss but she said it's for regaining strength as well. I consumed all of it. Hoping it would help me recuperate faster. I noticed how Orly looked like he just saw a ghost.

"Hey are you okay?"

"H-he... those scary red eyes... fingernails... sharp enough to pierce through your heart," he said struggling to get the words out of his mouth. I guess he's talking about Sebastian's demon form. So he was trying to be strong a while ago because he had to make sure I am safe despite the fact that he's scared of Sebastian. How am I going to repay your kindness, Orly?

"It's okay. You're going to be fine. Don't worry." I held his hand and gently stroke it. It reminds me of how much I longed for this. When I'm facing all the consequences of that incident, all I want is someone to say those words to me. Someone who can assure me that everything is going to be alright. Someone who will hug me tight and let me cry on their shoulder because the child inside me is slowly losing herself.

"Lady Quinn, S-sebastian also said that we should look somewhere we can hide and he'll meet us there along with his cat but I don't know this area. It's my first time getting out of the palace after a long time." Orly said shyly.

"Let's go inside the cavern while we wait for them." Violet suggested.

"No. You go find Helena and Ruby. Saving them is your top priority, right? You have to do something now or you may not see them again." I said.