Chapter Seven

It's completely dark and I can't see a single thing but I can feel the cold ground from where I am sitting. I stood up and tried to search for an opening, or a window or some door that will help me see through the darkness but there's none. I stood up and touched the wall while walking cautiously. One thing that I noticed is that I'm in a small and rounded place. I tried jumping to raise the roof but it seems like it's too high for me. Perhaps it's already evening that's why I can't see anything. Where are Tom and Sebastian? How did I get in here? The only thing that I remember before I passed out was when Chles put us on a sleep through her mysterious flute.

"Sebastian," I called him wishing he's somewhere near. I know that he'll look for me because he needs me alive. My right hand illuminated just as when I mentioned his name. I used it as my light to see my surroundings and I was right. There's nothing in here except me and the roof that is too high for me to reach. I am trapped in here and that's for sure.

The last time that I felt confined because I can't escape a situation was on my shrink's clinic. I need to sit for an hour talking to her about everything. It doesn't feel liberating at all. It resembles this place. The dark and cold walls was like the tragedy that binds me from the outside world. I am certain that the doctors made me forget few things about the incident. I just don't know what but I am sure that I am missing a puzzle piece.

My situation right now is not that far from what I felt when growing up. I felt isolated and hugely different from others. My parents knew that and that's when they decided to change my name. At first, I strongly disagree with them but I was pushed by a constant shame and you just want to crawl your way out. The entire school knew what happened on that day. My teachers felt pity for me as well as my classmates. My friends left me alone. They said that their parents doesn't want them to be friends with someone who is involved in an incest relationship but we are not blood-related in the first place. He was just adopted by my grandparents. People judged me too easily and I have to deal with it at such a young age. I am diagnosed as someone who has PTSD and depression for years. Thanks to all the medication and psychotherapies that I went through I was finally climbing out of the pit that I have fallen into.

Although sometimes I still have vivid flashbacks, nightmares, I avoided being in an intimate relationship, panic attacks that seems to occur whenever there's a stressful event and up until now I still feel hopeless about my future. I guess that I have a permanent scar on me.

The crest is still illuminating and I started wondering why. Does it have anything to do with saying his name out loud?

Suddenly I heard footsteps. I saw a faint light from the distance slowly approaching my cell. As it gets closer, the light grew stronger. The moment it reached the door, I can clearly see everything. It's like the sun came down to fetch me but I don't feel hot at all. Then I saw him, he's not a cyclops nor an ogre. He's made of rocks and his body is literally glowing like Christmas lights.

"Get out... please." I'm surprised that he can talk! I reminded myself that this place is full of bewilderment. He looked down on the floor while signaling me to stand up. He seems so afraid of me despite our differences. He gave the impression of being a inhibited type of person. I stood up and walk behind him. He glanced at me to make sure I'm following him. He doesn't seem like a dangerous creature to me so I might as well introduce myself so I can somehow get his trust and maybe ask him about Sebastian later.

"I'm Quinn. What's your name?"

I offered a handshake. He doesn't look like a threat to me honestly.

"I-I'm uh... golem," he awkwardly reached for my hand, barely tapped it.

We walked down to what looks like a tower while not speaking to each other. His personality is hugely different to his size. A big guy like him appears intimidating but he's quite the timid type. After a few minutes of walking down to this spiral stairs, we reached the exit. As soon as he opened the door, I saw a girl in a black medieval dress with a mint green hair waiting for us. Looking prim and proper with her hair in a bun. Her eyes are the color of iron. She stares at me for a second and walked away. The golem followed her so I did too.