Chapter Ten

After talking to Violet, I have come to realize how she loves her sister and her friend. She really cares for them to the point of not caring if they are mad at her. I feel like the thing that Violet is scared the most is when their King will wreak havoc to everyone involved in the rebellion.

I scan through the bookshelf finding something to read because I have nothing else to do in here. The golem came inside as soon as she left. I asked him to sit on the couch for him to be more comfortable.

"I asked your name a while ago at the tower but you just answered golem. Is that really your name?" I asked.

"Y-yes."

"Don't you have any name aside from that?"

"Lady Chles raised me and the only thing she calls me is golem."

Raised? Maybe she took him away from his family too. Why didn't she give him a name? I found a book earlier that says Names and its Origin so I tried to find it again. I quickly reached for it and read the contents. I turn to the page where I can find names that means light. As I read through it, one name catches my attention. Orly. It means the Light is Mine. I think it suits him really well considering he can make light.

"Orly means the light is mine. That's your name from now on."

He look shocked as if he saw a ghost but seconds after his tears began to well up. I asked him what was wrong and he said, "It's the first time someone gave me something. Thank you, Lady Quinn. I am deeply moved."

I smiled at him. "Do you mind if I ask how can you do that? I mean a while ago, your body lights up," I asked.

"Oh that? It's my curse."

The smile on his face shifted into a sorrowful one. His happiness lasted only for a few seconds and then he returned from being inhibited again. I shouldn't have asked about that ability because he looks unhappy about it.

"A curse but why? I don't see it like that. You helped me a while ago and if it weren't for you I might tripped on the stairs. "

"I'm sorry I just don't feel good about it. I am so useless and all I can do is to provide light and that's it. I am no match with the other golems in my world."

In his world? Then that only confirms that this is not where he's from. Now I am starting to feel pity for him. He doesn't know how powerful he can be. He might felt so lonely for being the only golem here. I don't think the ogres treat him well.

"Can I ask why did Chles raised you? Were you abandoned by your real family?"

"I am peculiar and my clan doesn't accept me for it but I can't blame them. I am the only golem with the light element and everyone is a carrier of the element of fire. They see it as useless and a curse because I can't kill with this. In my world, if you want to survive you have to fight but I can't do that. Even my parents denied me as their offspring because I am not like the normal ones. They sold me to an auction and that's where Lady Chles found me."

The things that he said hits me in the chest. I understand his feelings now. No one gave him a chance to prove that he can still be something despite being different. They labeled him useless just because he can't function like them. No one sees him as someone who can still have a purpose even if he can't defend himself. Maybe that's why he felt happy when I gave him a name because somehow it felt like an acceptance. That someone acknowledged him as a person and not his peculiarity. I can't help myself but to feel emotional. He's just like me. I walked towards him to give him a hug. His body is solid rock but it feels so warm.

"You look sad and... disappointed, Lady Quinn."

I let out a big sigh. "I can't find anything useful. I don't even know where I am and everything feels like a nightmare. No offense but this is far from my ordinary life. I met a demon, a talking cat, witches, ogres and you."

"I'm sorry that you have to go through it but I will listen while you're venting out your problems," Orly said and I can feel his sincerity.

"I have a hunch that they won't let me go that easily. I am truly scared of them. They are a bunch of peculiar creatures that can kill me in just a snap if I don't comply with their orders. What if they won't set me free after all of this? What if they decided to kill me instead? Especially with a demon by my side."

He looked at my left hand. I think he knew what this is.

"I will try to help you get back to your own world. I can promise you that because it's the least that I can do for you, Lady Quinn."

"It's not that easy when you're up against a demon and a witch. But why are you so kind to me, Orly? We just met hours ago and you're already willing to save my life?" I laughed a little.

"Because I felt like you never judged me. You made me feel that I still have worth despite being odd. For you, it's just a name but for me it's an acceptance." He beamed like a kid. I wasn't wrong with him. All he needs is an acceptance from someone.

"Why would I not accept you? You're the very first person who treated me nice since I came here. I mean someone who doesn't have an ulterior motive on me. So, thank you."

Orly cracked a shy smile. It feels so peaceful talking to him right now. It's just that he can make you feel at ease and calm. Even if I'm caught up in this mess, I'm still thankful that I met Orly. We talked for about an hour until I fell asleep.

Later that afternoon, a warlock with blue hair came to my room and told me that Chles wanted to meet me urgently. I followed him as we went down the palace. I think we are heading underground. He opened a steel door and there I saw Chles sitting on a metal chair and Violet is just standing in the corner. Sadness in her eyes, I wonder what she and Helena talked about.

"Did you sleep well?" Chles asked. She stood up and she seems agitated. She's walking in circles while whispering something to herself. This is just like how Violet described Chles to me in my room. Is this the real her? Chles is holding her hands near her chest like she's comforting herself from something she's afraid of. It's been a minute since I've been here standing at the door. Not knowing what to do or what to say. The room is filled with an uneasy tension.

"I need your blood now." She stopped moving and looked at me straight in the eyes.

"O-okay." It was so sudden that I don't know what to answer. The word okay just came out of my mouth. Besides I don't have any other choice than to comply with anything she says.

"Lay down on here and relax."

Chles said her chant out loud. I also can't understand it but it sounded very similar to what Sebastian did to leave the emblem on my hand. She's shouting the spell again and again until a piercing pain struck my left arm. I cried in pain and try to remove myself from the situation but my body felt heavier. I'm stuck. I can't move a single inch because it hurts every damn time I tried to move. I screamed for help, hoping someone to help me get out of this. I noticed that the emblem is glowing.

She kept on chanting, ignoring the fact that this is torture. I made an eye contact with Violet and I hope she can sympathize with me. She looked at me like she's also frightened. Is this how I'm going to die? So I am not getting a chance to speak with Sky again. I stopped trying to fight my way out. It doesn't matter anyway. I couldn't do a thing against them. I gave up and my whole world shuts down.