Chapter Two

I chose not to go to my doctor because of my swollen eyes and I feel so exhausted even if I just woke up. My doctor wants to have a "small talk" with me in regards to going to that old vacation house for the first time since my parents died. I've been avoiding it for a decade and that's quite a surprise for her. She was shocked when I told her that I am going to spend my summer there. I can finally do it now or rather make myself believe I can. It's been a long time since that thing happened so I thought it's about time for me to move on. Besides, my nightmares stopped occurring so I guess it's fine. If there's something that I still can't face alone is my original residence, the cursed home as what they want to call it.

I cleaned up everything, throw useless things and made the room like I have never been here. I carried the boxes on the trunk of my car and took a final glimpse of the house that sheltered me in for ten years. I left a note on top of the table, expressing my gratitude to all of them. I can't face them personally because I know it would just be awkward because none of them really cares in all honesty so why bother? I went inside the car and closed my eyes for a second and wished for a safe trip.

Sky hasn't contacted me since yesterday. We only do text messages because we can't be affiliated in any social networking sites. I'll send her a text later when I get to my destination.

I looked around and breathe the fresh air coming from the forest. It's been a while since I felt this kind of peace. There are a lot of things to do so I have come prepared for it so I bought cleaning materials, new wallpapers, mattress, bed sheets, kitchenware on my way here. I'm still lucky that the appliances are still working even if it hasn't been used for ages. The carpenters were here before also to make sure the ceiling would not fall off while I'm sleeping and the doors are doing its job to keep me safe from the unknown.

This place is quite decent. It's a modern wooden house that I can sell for millions but I know that my father doesn't want me to sell this. It was on his last will and testament that this house will be mine. I don't even know what's on his mind when he bought this cabin. He could have bought somewhere in the city or in a much more civilized area but then again it's just a vacation house. Despite the fact that I am basically homeless after Aunt Cherry sent me out of her house and this is the only option that I have, I still can't live here because my school is in the city. I'll just spend my summer vacation here and maybe rent on somewhere near the campus.

Hours passed by and I didn't even noticed it because I am too busy with the house. I have dinner ready by this time too. I have never been so productive in my entire life until this day. After dinner, I went outside to stare at the moon. This house is located near a forest and the mountains so it's quite scary yet so peaceful at night. Sometimes, you'll see cars passing by. Most of the time, hikers or tourists were the only ones you can see here.

The fireflies were the only ones I can hear. Now I know why hikers almost want to live in the mountains or forests because the temperature is more relaxing than having an air condition at home. They say that if you ever find yourself lost, take your time alone on finding your right path because your soul might just be wandering around somewhere. It might be in this cabin or in the forest, who knows?

The stars at night are mesmerizing and the moon lights up as if it could lead me on my home again. When I was a kid I really thought that the moon is following me wherever I go and I kept it a secret until my cousins came to our house for Halloween and everybody is there and the adults asked us to tell the scariest story we have ever encountered in our entire lives. I was only five back then so I told them that someone is following me everywhere I go and he only appears at night. They were frightened at first especially my parents and my brother looked like he needs to pee. Then I told them that it was the moon that follows me everywhere. The shock from their faces shifted into laughter. I was only five so I didn't know why they were laughing at me. Everyone is laughing and having the best time of their life because they just heard the most hilarious thing a kid could say. Including my brother who was laughing from a relief that his sister is not haunted by a ghost and just a normal kid. My parents carried me while giggling. I asked them why and their answer is, "You really are special."