Death the Kid (Part two)

"Surely, you cant be serious. Let's get to work on this mess (y/n)."

Immediately, he begins to clean. You watch him work for a moment, before you decide to join him. You're throwing laundry in baskets, trashing old water bottles, rearranging books, you name it. Honestly, this is still kind of embarrassing to you, but at least it's getting done, right? Unsurprisingly, Kid is quiet whilst cleaning. You figured this is because he's concentrating.

A few hours of this went by and you're almost done. That's when the incident happens.

Crash

As you're reaching to put a book back on the shelf, you accidentally knock an old snowglobe off the shelf. The glass and water shatters everywhere, pieces of glass stinging your legs and feet. You hold back a scream.

"(Y/n)! Are you alright?" His attention now soley on you.

Slowly, you look up from your feet to face him and nod. "..I don't think I can really-" Before, you're able to finish this sentence, you're swept off your feet. Romantic, huh?

Kid carries you out of the room and back to your living area, "Try not to move before I remove all of the glass. Now where's your restroom?"

At this point, you're just hoping your face isn't as red as you think it is. "Uh, that way.." Your (s/c) finger points towards a half open door near you.

Before long, you find yourself sitting on your bathroom counter whilst Kid fiddles with a first aid kit. Has that always been here?

"I'm going to remove the glass now, are you ready?" He now kneels in front of you, pair of tweezers in hand. You nod, weakly, then wince when he begins.

How would (y/n) describe the pain of this experience? Well, almost as bad as the time you were caught in one of Excalibur's five hour story telling party's.

"There, I've gotten it all out," His announcement draws you out of your thoughts. He begins to clean and bandage your wounds.

Blinking back some tears, you smile, "Thanks, I should've been more careful, " A nervous laugh is added to this.

As a bandage is wrapped around your leg, he nods, "Yes you should have. We'll have to clean the rest of thst glass up as well."

The bandaging of your leg continues with silence before he suddenly looks up, his multicolored eyes meeting your (e/c) ones. A smile reaches his face, and he looks back down.

"You are pretty amazing, you know that?"

Huh? Did he really just say that?

Bewildered, you wonder, "What do you mean by that?"

Without moving his gaze, Kid speaks up, "You were in immense pain, yet you're still smiling. It's very admirable."

More nervous laughter. "That's.. very sweet of you," You start, "Thanks for helping with my room, I know you're busy and all."

He nods, "Yes, that may be true. But even if (p/n) hadn't slipped that picture into my textbook, I believe I would have come anyways," Kid is now looking up at you again, "We are friends, after all."

Your smile grows wider and your cheeks grow redder. "By the way, where are Liz and Patty? I was sure you would bring them."

"Truthfully, I asked them not to come. I thought some alone time between us was necessary."

Your finger reaches your chin as you speak in confusion, "Is that so?"

Kid stands up, now finished with bandaging your cuts, his gaze meeting yours. "I thought now would be a marvelous time to assess whether..." He trails off, looking away from your eyes.

"Whether what?"

A blush begins to grow on his cheeks now, "Whether.. you would like to pursue a relationship with me."

Is this his type of confession? It sure sounds like it.

Smiling, you speak, cheerfully, "I would love to, and hey, I like you too."

He lets out a sigh of relief, "Do you really mean that?"

Without hesitation, you lean towards him, planting a quick peck on his lips, while succesfully bonking foreheads as well. You both rub your foreheads in tandem.

"Let's try that again, shall we?" This time, his lips meet yours, perfectly. Nothing less than expected from the son of Lord Death. As your lips draw away from eachother, you look down, realizing he had bandaged your legs to look symmetrical. Yes, this was the start of a great relationship.

Feedback would be great, thankyou for reading!!