Kurapika x reader (Part one)

So basically this is the dark voyage arc without all of the events haha. I had this idea before I read into the arc so just imagine they joined the Zodiacs and had free time also. This is pretty long too just a fair warning. Thanks for reading!!

"Good evening, (Y/N), nice to see you here so late." A voice speaks from the doorway.

You look up from your paperwork to see your good friend Kurapika standing and watching you. You had been working with him and Leorio for the past couple of weeks. Leorio had surprised you with the news that he and Kurapika had joined the Zodiacs. Him becoming the boar, and Kurapika becoming the rat and taking Pariston's place. You think back on the day Kurapika had offered you an internship of sorts,

"(Y/N) is a very smart individual and I think she'd fit perfectly as the new vice chairman."

Cheadle Yorkshire, the new chairman stood next to Kurapika eyeing his candidate (Y/N) who stood across from the both of them.

"Would you be interested in becoming my vice chairman (Y/N?)"

You nod your head and smile, "I'm honored you would consider me at all, Cheadle-sama."

"Then we'll consider this an internship for a month," she explains, holding out her palm, "so it won't cause any trouble when you actually become vice chairman."

You pause to think, momentarily, "Ah, so it won't raise any questions about my experience I assume."

"I see Kurapika wasn't exaggerating about your intelect, though he did go on and on about it.."

Well you certainly weren't expecting to hear that. Your gaze turns to Kurapika who's focused on Cheadle-sama instead of you. "Thank you so much, Kurapika."

His eyes shift towards you with a look of surprise, "Y-yeah no problem (Y/N)"

"Was there something you needed, Kurapika?" you wonder, as he takes a step into the room.

"I was just going to ask if you would like to walk home with me, but you seem busy."

Oh, is it time to leave already? Kurapika, Leorio, and you had rented apartments in the same building so that the three of you would be nearer to work. Of course, this meant a lot of walking home together, which didnt bother you in the slightest.

He walks to the front of your desk, looking down at your papers and drawing you out of your thoughts.

You stack your paperwork together, "Oh no, I just didnt realize it was so late, this work isn't important and I'd love to walk home with you, Kurapika."

"Oh? I'm glad to hear that, I look forward to our walks together" He says unexpectedly, causing you to glance up at him.

You stand from your desk, and make your way out of the room with him, "You really mean that?"

He only nods in response.

Your walk home with him is peaceful and nice as always. That's why you thoroughly enjoy your time together, nothing is ever forced.

"Goodnight, Kurapika," you speak as you open the door to your apartment.

He walks on past as he says his goodnight's as well.

You grab some dinner and watch tv, before changing into pajamas and falling asleep in your warm bed.

Bang, bang, bang!!

This sound poses as a rude awakening, throwing you out of your dreams and into the real world. The clock next to your bed reads 2:36am. Well, there goes a good night's sleep, you think to yourself. More banging sounds come from the other room.