Illumi x Reader

"Hey Illumi, do you really love me?"

Illumi freezes from his monotone routine of polishing off his needles, something you've learned he does before every kill. He stays quiet, slowly turning to face you, saying, "Of course I do. Did someone say otherwise?" He asks, holding his needles between his fingers.

Feeling the dark aura radiating off of him, you shake your head wildly, "No

Feeling the dark aura radiating off of him, you shake your head wildly, "No..! No.. of course not." Illumi's expression looks admant about believing you, so you continue, "I was just curious. I.. I don't see you very often anymore."

"We're seeing each other right now, aren't we?" He asks in an oblivious tone.

You nod, "Yes, but you really only show up for a few minutes then take off on another job," You look down, sadly, "We don't have any time to ourselves."

He sighs, unable to bear your sad eyes, he puts his hand under your chin gently, tilting your head up to look at him, "I can't stop working, (Y/N), but if you're unhappy-"

"No, I'm not unhappy. I love you, Illumi. I just want to be able to spend more time with you." You explain, taking his hand from your chin, and rubbing it on your cheek.

Illumi doesn't show emotion often, or almost at all for that matter. But you've learned how to notice the subtle hints of how he's feeling. His eyes widen the slightest bit, and his mouth curves into a very slight smile, "I see. I suppose I can finish these jobs quickly, so we can spend the rest of the night together. Would that be okay, dear?" 'Dear' is one of Illumi's favorite pet names for you. It's one of the only ones he uses so you cant help but love it.

"That would be perfect. Thank you, love." You say, smiling softly up at him.

A little bit more of a smile forms, "Just rest until I return." He says in his normal monotone voice, as he takes off out the window.

You sigh as he leaves, quietly wondering why he couldn't just use the door. He says I should rest, but I really don't want to do that. You think to yourself. Looking around the room for a few seconds, you come up with a pretty good idea. Right, I better get to work then.

You find yourself in the kitchen now, reading a wide-open recipe book, and digging the ingredients out of the fridge and cabinets. He'll be really happy to see a homecooked meal. Or at least I hope. You're no master chef of course, but you have enough common sense to put together a pretty decent meal.

After an hour of grilling chicken, you find yourself setting the silverware onto the dinner table next to the plates. Next, you place the food on the table, along with a candle as the centerpiece. You put on your favorite outfit, and take a seat at the table, watching out the window for your lover to return. Half an hour passes, and no sign of him yet. You sigh, unsurprised, yet disappointed by this. Hour after hour passes and nothing. Not even a sign of him. You lay your head on the table, eventually drifting off into a quiet sleep.

"My treasure?" Illumi asks as he opens the door and closes it behind him. He leaves his needles on the counter, and flips the lights on, quickly noticing your form slouched over onto the table. His mouth parts slightly with a look of surprise, and he walks up to you, shaking you gently, saying, "You fell asleep, dear."

You awake with a start, but smile when you see Illumi, "Ah, yeah I guess I did. Sorry, love."

"Hm?" He starts, his expression turning monotone again, "For what?"

Motioning to the food sitting out on the table, and the now mostly melted candle, you speak, "I.. I was trying to surprise you but it looks like you surprised me."

His unreadable expression changes to one of surprise, "Really? You did this for me?"

You nod, "I thought it would be nice, but you didn't get back as early as I thought you would. Sorry Illumi."

"Did you work hard on this?" He asks, expression changing back to one you're unable to recognize.

"Uh.. yes I did. Why?"

He catches you off-guard as he picks you up by your shoulders, and pulls you into a bone-crushing hug. He whispers into your ear, softly, "You are the perfect mate."

You find yourself fully embarrased by this. Blushing madly, you say, "Illumi, I told you not to call me that anymore, it's so formal. I'm your girlfriend."

"Of course." He corrects himself, "You are the perfect girlfriend. And I will do whatever I can to please you." He pulls back from the hug, a smile gracing his features, "Thank you (Y/N). I love you. Someday we will marry, and it will be the happiest day of my life."

Hearing this, your eyes widen, and your face goes even hotter than what it already is, "Illumi, how can you say these things so casually?"

"Oh? My love didn't like it?"

You shake your head wildly at this, hugging onto his chest, "No, I loved that. That will be the happiest day of my life too, Illumi."

He runs his nimble fingers through your hair as he says, "I'm sorry for returning late, my dear, but I'm all yours for the weekend."

You pull away from the hug, excitedly, "Really?! All weekend?!"

"Yes. Does that make you happy?" He wonders, holding the back of your head in the palm of his hands.

"Of course! Thank you, Illumi!"

With that, he pulls you closer to him, and closes the gap between you two. After a soft, and sweet kiss, he pulls back, kissing you on the forehead, "Then I'm also happy."