27

sorry for the late update 👁👄👁

whilst reading over this, I very much realised I do have younger readers and idk why I never actually thought about it before. Now I feel like I can't write anything, to keep you safe but childbirth, in my eyes, is a beautiful thing. However, for some, it can be traumatic and even just a whole negative episode.
So approach with caution if it does trigger something in you x

TW - CHILDBIRTH

" have you had contractions?"

A midwife asked kindly.

The infirmary was decked up like a delivery ward, as more couples walked in.

Y/n nodded and took in a sharp breath as she experienced another contraction.

" I've been having them since yesterday night- but my water broke and I'm feeling contractions every 9 to 10 minutes."

The midwife smiled before asking y/n to remove her jogging bottoms and place the hospital sheet over her legs if she wasn't comfortable.

Draco sat on the chair in the delivery room they were assigned. To make sure there was privacy, the infirmary had a row of small rooms for each couple.

They weren't soundproof, to provide a more realistic experience.

The rooms had a bed and two chairs. There was also a small table for the baby with some clothes and supplies to the side.

Draco stared at the small cot in the corner of the room and for the first time he acknowledged that he would be a father in the next few hours. Regardless of whether the baby was real or not, it was a baby nonetheless.

Draco was pulled out of his trance when he could feel y/n's stare on him. The midwife was trying to get his attention.

" Mr Malfoy, you need to know what's to happen. "

" ofcourse " he said before standing by y/n's and grabbing her hand to hold, to silently show he'll be there holding her the whole way.

Y/n squeezed his hand in response before they listened to the nurse.

" Your contractions are still a little far and I need to check how dilated you are. After, depending on how you feel and how dilated you are, we'll start to push. Okay? "

The midwife smiled at their expressions. They nodded their heads before y/n was bending her knees and the midwife checked how dilated she was.

Y/n was thanking herself, as she had gotten a wax recently so she wasn't as self conscious as she normally would be.

(hair is natural- you're just a lil sus)

What? Maybe Draco might get a glimpse.
She was giving birth to their baby for crying out loud.

Before she could laugh at her inner thoughts she squeezed Draco's hand as she felt another contraction.

She grinded her teeth as the sharp pain hit her right in the hotspot.

She turned to her side and curled in pain.

The midwife held her shoulder.

Draco stroked her hair, with a look of concerns, as she winced in pain.