10

y/n was by herself in her hospital bed as she stared at the ceiling. It had been a day since she woke up and she had already sent Hermione and Draco back to their rooms. She had a brief conversation with Blaise too and sent him away not to long after.

It was suffocating having all these people around her espeically when she was still trying to process and accept what had happened to her.

It was the middle of the night and she was hugging herself as she tried to sleep - she just couldn't fall asleep so she gave up.

Y/n carefully sat on her magical wheelchair and rolled herself to Pomfreys chamber and knocked on her door.

"What's wrong dear? "

" thank you so much for your help madame, but I don't feel comfortable here at all and I'm not in any pain anymore. I feel well enough - can I please go back to my dorm. "

Promfrey took a while and hesitantly let her go - making sure she gave her the ointments and medicine she needed.

"Y/n just before you go- rub this on your arms and legs every morning and before you go to sleep. I know you'll want to cover up during the day - but let your skin breathe at night - it'll help with the healing. I can't promise your skin will be completely clear even after but dont you dare let that hold you back my love. You're a strong beautiful girl."

Y/n nodded with a lump in her throat and took her items and rolled herself out of the infirmary making her way towards her apartment. She was tired at this point and wanted to sleep on her sofa.

On her way to her apartment she bumped into someone with her wheelchair.

" harry ? "

Y/n was pushed back as she felt him hug her and she slowly wrapped her arms around him too.

" I heard what happened- or what they know and I'm sorry you were gone for so long. How do you feel- "

" come with me to my dorm harry - luna is probably deep sleeping she won't mind"

" I couldn't sleep- she knows I like to walk around - sometimes she joins me too. I really like her - she understands me on a totally different level and dimension - its refreshing "

" I love luna - she's one of the greatest friends "

Harry opened the apartment door quietly- trying their best not to wake Draco they made their way to the living room to find it empty- he was probably sleeping upstairs- good.

Y/n slowly got up and sat on the sofa pushing herself back against the cushions and sighed. Harry sat next to her facing her. She closed her eyes as she layed her head down against the sofa.

" sorry harry if I doze off I'm really tired now - you can still stay .... harry ? "

Silence - y/n raised her head only to see him staring in horror at her legs - fuck she forgot to cover them with her blanket  .

Her three quarter pants didnt help either in concealing her cuts.

This was also y/ns first time really looking at her legs as she stared at them for the first time since the incident.

She couldn't help the gasp escape her mouth as she began to shake and her vision became blurry as all she saw was red and cut ugly skin.

She held her hair in frustration as she slowly raised her sleeves to reveal long gashes in her arms too- her skin was raw and sore and red.

Harry held on to y/ns hands as she quietly sobbed at her cuts. He couldn't help the tears forming in his eyes as he watched his soul friend,  someone he always opened up to and always seemed to connect with whenever he was at his weakest since he was 11 , crumble in front of him. He slowly moved her closer to him and hugged her to his chest as she broke down .... again.