End of flashback

Her eyes welled up yet again, as she recalled the memories she had of her. She created Dabria yet she never took the credit.

Blade seemed to be reminiscing as well as he examined an infinitely sharp dagger.

Flashback(11 years ago)

Auguste walked through the crowded streets of New Orleans with a mask covering his scar and face. People laughed and cheered with face paint, confetti, and colorful clothing but were oblivious to the person who lurked amongst them.

Mardi Gras.

The people danced along to the music as a devious smirk graced his lips as he walked slowly through the jumping bodies.

A seemingly happy time to bystanders...but to Auguste, it was the day of his most important mission.

He would kill his father today...and he would enjoy it...

~

He returned to his quiet apartment in the heart of New Orleans with a relaxed whistle escaping through his mouth. The calm of his music was contradictory to the blood that stained his clothes and skin.

The celebrating locals thought of it as nothing more than paint.

It was indeed paint.

The paint of his father's insides.

His eyes glinted with atrocity as he went to open his bourbon cabinet.

But he halted in his steps when he sensed something was off about the atmosphere of his homey apartment.

The air was deadly.

He whipped out his dagger, chuckling darkly as he looked around his apartment. His adrenaline was already spiking.

"You won't need that," a sultry and silvery voice spoke out from the shadows. He turned to the source of the harmonious sound, enchanted by the heavenly and dark figure that moved in the obscureness of his dark apartment that was lit with colorful lights that blinked from the parade outside.

The woman stepped out of the shadows to be held against the vivid lights gracing her skin. She looked so chaotic...devilishly beautiful.

But so young...

She couldn't be older than 16.

But he was also too young to be a murderer. He was almost 17.

He couldn't deny being captivated by her midnight hair and onyx eyes but fair and faultless skin.

"I don't remember sleeping with you," Auguste hesitated as he scanned her head to toe. He knew that he would never forget such a face.

"That's because you didn't," the woman rolled her eyes as she sat down on the couch near her. Auguste shrugged as he sat down next to her after pouring his alcohol.

"What do I owe the pleasure to be in the presence of such a beautiful woman?" Blade mused. He clearly wasn't fazed with the intruder.

"The name's Midnight. I work for someone interested in your...certain skills," the woman named Midnight spoke as she picked up his dagger and ran her finger along the blade.

"And who's that," he responded as he gulped down the smooth copper-colored liquid. Midnight set the dagger back down on the table.

"He calls himself the King. He knows everything about you, Blade," Midnight smirked, calling him by his last name.