-: 34 :-

"I-I— what do— why—" Taehyung's lack of cohesive thoughts revealed his inner mind storming with whirls of an indecipherable mess.

Overwhelmed didn't begin to express how he felt inside, but outside his face had gone blank, nothing more than quivering lips making him speak carefully.

"I said," his manager leaned forward on the lounge chair, legs crossed over as his dark socks concealed his bare feet. "You've got a gala to attend in two days."

"You want me to go in international public eye after this has blow up?" He asked quietly, genuinely confused as his manager would generally do the opposite. The two were seated alone in the apartment's study. Jin and Hoseok had left them be, with a clear notion of 'readiness' to intervene from the eldest model.

"You can't clear your schedule and hide." His manager said calmly. "The whole world will think you're succumbing to whatever lies Bogum is bringing back."

"I feel like there's something else on your mind." Taehyung murmured after agreeing with the elder. The gala was actually a good idea to show his 'unaffected' nature to the threat— although untrue, he could never actually say such. "Although," he frowned. "What effect is mine and the photographer's posting having online?"

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about." The tiredness was beginning to show in his manager's voice, the time past midnight far beyond his working hours, but urgent news called for overtime. "Wonderful publicity stunt, Taehyung."

Publicity stunt?

"Publicity stunt?" He asked in confusion, mouth ajar as the other remained unfazed with a stoic expression, reaching for his cup of tea resting on the dark oak coffee table. Taehyung continued watching the man take his time with his drink, the warm steam lifted and dissipating into the air. His manager's eyes wandered to the bookshelf a few strides away, the matching dark wood rich with red undertones and bordered with creme molding. Classics were resting on the shelves, bindings all neutral rustic covers to accent the vintage feel of the study.

"What do you mean publicity stunt?" Taehyung asked again, inwardly frustrated at the lanky man taking his sweet time before commencing with an answer.

"Inviting him to Seoul, offering him that shadowing opportunity with Elle." His manager nodded. "At first I was awfully angered you'd done such planning without notifying any staff but Elle themselves— especially when the model and company were guests."

"At first? But then...?" Taehyung pried for more clarification.

"Then, I realized how wonderful of a popularity gain it was for you." His manager continued to express disinterest, the words of praise not matching his features. "The Celebrity Prince of Korea acknowledges and helps freelance amateurs grow their experiences in the high end world."

Taehyung's brows furrowed, taken aback by what seemed like an accusation. "What— that was no stunt. I genuinely wanted to gift him with that chance!"

"As I learned." The blank face began to finally show expression, but that emotion was annoyance, clear with the downward curvature of his lips, pulled tight with disappointment as his eyes narrowed. "You've only added fuel to Bogum's fire with your actions today."

Taehyung's relaxed state, legs spread and elbows atop the settee's arms, tensed. He took in the words, trying to figure out how before his manager needed to explain.

Bogum had announced that he recognized some competitor for Taehyung's heart— not that the said man was a valid one in the first place— but Taehyung had undoubtedly sealed the rumor by expressing such a fantastical meet-up with Jungkook.