Chapter 10

Emilia's POV

I woke up feeling way better. Demetrius's soup worked miracles on me, plus the painkillers that I took also contributed.

I felt an arm around my waist and turned around to look at the owner of the arm. Demetrius was still asleep and his face looked so peaceful, I couldn't resist the urge to lightly caress his face as he slept. This guy was handsome beyond measures even as he slept I couldn't help but to admire his looks.

Just as I was pulling my hand away from his face, a hand reached out and grabbed mine, pulling my hand back to Demetrius's face. I was little surprised by the sudden movement but it wasn't anything that I couldn't handle.

"Why did you stop?" Demetrius asked as his eyes fluttered open.

"I didn't want to disturb your nap." I responded, smiling sheepishly at him.

"How are you feeling?" He asked with concern lacing his voice.

"I'm feeling way better thank you, now relax before you start getting grey hair." I said running my fingers through Demetrius's soft short hair.

I heard him moan in delight. His reaction made me smile as we sat the in comfortable silence.

"Emilia, I know that this might be too quick but would you give me the greatest or actually 2nd greatest honour and become my girlfriend?" He asked with hopeful eyes which were full of adoration. They spoke volumes to me and just by looking at his eyes I knew that he would respect and accept any decision that I made.

"Yes, I'd love to be your girlfriend." I said jumping into him and giving him a full blown kiss which I hope expressed the amount of happiness that I felt at that moment. When we parted he placed his forehead on mine.

"That was electric." He said brushing his thumb over my lower lip. I just hummed in response and then kissed his plump, addictive, soft lips.

My stomach decided to ruin the moment by rumbling up a storm, making me blush in embarrassment,. Fortunately enough he couldn't see that I was blushing due to my darker skin tone.

"Let's get some food into your stomach, Sweetheart." He said with amusement dancing in his eyes as he picked me up bridal style and moved us to the kitchen.

"What to eat, what to eat?" I asked myself after Demetrius placed me down.

"How about making a chicken sandwich?" He suggested. "I'll instruct you in my Mother's way of making it." He offered.

I decided on making the chicken sandwich, and gosh was it delicious. Demetrius seemed satisfied enough with looking at me eating the sandwich.

"What?" I asked eating the last bit of my sandwich.

"You're beautiful." He said without any hesitation.

I watched as Demetrius walked towards me and took my hands into his. "Emilia, I don't expect a response from you right now but I just want you to know that , I love you Baby. No matter what happens, you're my soulmate, I can feel it in my heart." He confessed looking at me with eyes full of love.

I was speechless and I didn't know how to respond. I knew that I liked him very much but I wasn't sure about loving him just yet. He was special to me but I still didn't understand my exact feelings yet.

After the first confession the were many other confessions from Demetrius. I however could not bring myself to declare my love in return.

I had expected things to be awkward between us because no body wants to love and confess just for the partner to not respond to you affections, but with enough reassurance from Demetrius who kept on reassuring me about how nothing would change between us even without my confession, things remained fine.

Besides all that, everything has been going well between us, he showers me with as much love as he's capable of showering me with.

"What would you like for your birthday?" Demetrius asked out of nowhere suddenly redirecting his attention from the movie to me.

"I honestly have nothing in mind. I would be happy for you to be fine and back to normal by then. I might not have known you before you basically died but I would like to see you in your flesh." I said not knowing what else would make me happy, I had everything that I wanted and needed after all.

"It's been months since I've been like this and I'm still not used to it. I miss my normal life, all I want is to have it back, with you in it." He said pecking my lips.

My phone started ringing, the caller ID said that it was my Mother making me mentally slap my face, how did I forget to call her.

"Hey Mama." I answered with a very innocent voice.

"Don't hey Mama me, young lady, not even a hey Mom, how are you, I'm doing well." She scolded definitely not pleased.

"I'm sorry Mom I've been a little busy lately." I said.

"Busy ha? Is it a boy?" She asked as if realisation hit her like a train. "Does my little girl have a boyfriend now? When can I meet him?" She asked sounding excited.

"Moooom." I whined seeing amusement on Demetrius's face.

"Okay, okay, I was just checking up on you Sweetie, I love you and try to keep in contact, okay?" She said in her normal gentle voice.

"Okay Mom, I'll try to call more often and I love you too." I said with a smile, missing my Mom.

"Bye Sweetie and your father says hello." She said.

"Bye Mom and please greet Dad back for me. " I said.

"Okay Dear be safe." She said blowing me a kiss before hanging up.

I sighed feeling a little guilty for not talking to my Mom for so long, which reminds me that I should be checking up on Lauren as well.

"Protective parents?" Demetrius asked with a knowing smile.

"You have no idea, but they are the nicest of people." I said thinking of my parents.

"I'll meet them one day, maybe even sooner than we both think." He said pulling me onto his lap.

"As long as you and I stay an item, you will have no choice but to meet them. They will just ask you questions about yourself and maybe about your family too, but nothing intense." I said trying to reassure him.

"I should probably call your Mom, I last spoke to her a month ago." I said internally wincing.

"She really has taken a liking to you, you know. She's always wanted a daughter and I think that she has found one in you." Demetrius said twiddling my fingers.

"I see her as a second mother as well, she has been nice to me since I have met her." I said being genuine.

"Who would have thought that my incident would also have a benefit to it." Demetrius responded.

"Just because there are benefits, it doesn't make me completely forgive you, what if you had died? Then I wouldn't have met you or your family, everything would have been worthless." I said.

"It will never happen again, My love. I will never do something as stupid as texting and walking ever again. " Demetrius said with adorable puppy dog eyes, obviously trying to manipulate me into forgiving him for his stupidness.

"I forgive you only because of the positive outcome that we've had so far." I said.

"I love you." He said bringing me into a mind-blowing kiss which knocked all the oxygen right out of my body.

I felt the words 'I love you' lingering on the tip of my tongue, but something prevented me from saying them out loud, I felt like I knew the answer but was afraid to admit it.