Chapter 6

Emilia's POV

"Let's go, Demetrius, I'm ready." I said taking an apple and making my way towards the door.

"That was quicker than I expected." I responded getting off the couch as he pocketed his hands with a smile making him look super adorable.

"What can I say except that I hate being late." I said with a shrug and grin, making my way out of the door. "It really is a bit funny how you go with me everywhere I go, yet you have to be quiet or something for most of the time." I said thinking about our situation.

"I'm used to going everywhere with you now, it would be strange not to." He said with a shrug,with his hands still pocketed into his fitted black jeans.

"If you're comfortable with it all then I'm good." I said after locking the door and heading towards the car.

The drive to the Café was quick and before I knew it I was waiting tables. I definitely preferred working in the kitchen, but waiting wasn't that bad either. Time seemed to fly by today and before I knew it, it was 13:30.

I was called by Mitchell a colleague of mine to go and assist two customers that had just been sitted. When I got to the front I was surprised to see non other than Lauren Walker but today she wasn't alone, she was with a man who looked to be in his late 50s or so and I guessed this man to be Demetrius's father and by the expression on Demetrius's face I knew that I was right.

I don't know why but seeing Demetrius's parents makes me feel really nervous, and Demetrius seemed to notice because moved closer to me, placed his hand on my back and gently pushed me towards his parents table.

"Good day, Ma'am, Good day Sir." I politely said announcing my presence to the Walkers.

"Why hello Emilia, it's good to see you again. How are you?" Mrs Walker asked flashing me a beautiful smile.

"I've been well, thank you and how are you Mrs Walker?" I asked happy to have my nerves under control.

"I'm fine thank you Dear, where are my manners." She said with a small laugh. "This is my husband Daniel." She said gesturing to her husband. "Honey this is Emilia, the young lady that I was telling you about, the one that I saw at Dem's house about 2 months ago. " She explained and I could see as realisation came onto Mr Walker's face.

"It's great to finally meet you, my Dear. I'm Benji's Father. My wife told me about you, she seems to have taken a liking to you actually. And to my understanding you are a close friend of Benji's, am I correct?" He politely asked with a smile which was quite identical to the one that his son normally possessed.

"It's an honour to meet you too Sir, Demetrius told me good things about you and yes I am a good friend of Demetrius's." I politely said trying to avoid twinkling my fingers out of my nervousness.

"Would you like to join us for lunch dear? We would enjoy to have your company." Mrs Walker asked with a gentle smile.

"I wouldn't want to intrude." I responded hopefully not to quickly, I didn't want to offend Mrs Walker she seemed like a really nice person.

"No, you wouldn't be intruding, besides we would like to get to know you more, like I said before, Demetrius has few friends even though many people like him and he really loves his house so for you to be in there means that you are a special person to him." Mrs Walker said with a certain glint in her eyes, a glint that I couldn't place.

"It would be my pleasure to join you, but it's not my break yet and I don't think that Mr Grey would appreciate me socialising during working hours." I responded, I wasn't using working time as an excuse though I was just being honest, I didn't want to be unprofessional.

"You're a very good young lady, I guess that we will have to take a rain check then, how about you come to dinner at our house, today is Wednesday so how about you join us on Friday evening?" Mrs Walker asked with a smile that just tugged at my heart.

"Friday sounds fine to me, Ma'am." I said smiling back at her, I just couldn't afford to disappoint her to be honest.

"Great, so how about you give me your numbers so that I can send you my house address and then we'll see you on Friday Dear." Mrs Walker said looking very happy for some reason.

After all the dinner plans were set, I served Mr and Mrs Walker their food, they gave me a very good tip and before I knew it, it was the end of the day. When I got home everything came over me in waves. I had to attend a dinner on Friday night and I had nothing to wear. I was lucky though because I had no work tomorrow so I would spend the day trying to find an attire for Friday.

*****

Time flew by and before I knew it it was Friday evening already. Demetrius and I spent the whole day shopping. Demetrius kept telling me not to worry, but I couldn't help it these people were important to Demetrius and I kind of felt like the connector between Demetrius and his parents and I didn't know why.

"Don't worry, they will probably ask you about when we became friends, the amount of years or months that it's been, nothing too bad." Demetrius said trying to reassure me while massaging my shoulders.

I really should calm myself, all this worry is supposed to be Demetrius's girlfriend's worry, not mine. I'm just his friend, a friend that likes him but a friend nonetheless. I thought trying to calm myself even though I felt a bit sad at the thought of Demetrius with another girl, but at the end of the day he is bound to find someone and I might not be that someone, and accepting this reality is the best thing for me to do.

"You look gorgeous." Demetrius said twirling me around and looking at my black fitted knee length, one sleeve dress with a silver belt. I also had on high black stilettos and a silver heart shaped necklace and heart shaped earrings.

"Thank you." I said feeling a little self-conscious. "We better get going then." I said releasing a gust of air and making my way out of the apartment, hoping for the best.

*****

"Hello, Honey, I'm happy that you've made it and you look absolutely gorgeous." Lauren said giving me a hug.

"Thank you, I wouldn't have missed this for the world." I politely said meaning every word and returning the hug. "These are for you." I said giving her a bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolates.

"Thank you dear, come on in so that we can start dishing up before the food gets cold." Mrs Walker said leading the way into the house with Demetrius quietly following behind us and closing the door behind us.