Chapter 8

It's been a week since the dinner with Demetrius's parents and things have been okay but slightly different. Demetrius seems to be hiding something from me and whatever it is seems to be bothering him. He is sometimes distant, never cold but very distant.

After a whole week of just watching with  no action I have decided that today I was finally decided to wear my big girl panties and finally ask him about whatever it was that was bothering him. I honestly miss my old cheerful all the time Demetrius, the one that didn't overthink on most of the things that I overthink about.

"Demetrius." I called out planting myself onto the free space that was next to him on the couch.

He just hummed in response.

"Are you okay? You seem a little distant lately." I said.

"I'm okay, Emilia. Don't worry about me." He said with a small smile obviously trying to reassure me.

"That's what you keep on saying, but there is something that is on your mind. Don't you trust me enough to tell me about whatever it is that is troubling you?" I asked feeling a little hurt. "Or am I the problem?" I asked feeling slight relief and worried at being able to blurt out the question that has been on my mind for the past week. If he said yes to me being the problem I don't know how I'm going to react to that.

"It's not that I don't trust you, I'm just afraid of your reaction." He stated pulling me onto his lap so that I was straddling him and looking me straight in the eye.

"My reaction? To what?" I asked feeling a bit antsy and worried, what if something was happening to him for example what if he was actually dying, I know that his death would cause a reaction on me so those news would definitely not be pleasant.

"Whatever is on your mind is not it." Demetrius said looking at my worried face. "It's nothing bad, it could be bad for me but not as bad as what your mind has portrayed." He softly finished throwing his head back and closing his eyes. I heard him take a deep breath in before he opened his eyes again and looked me in the eyes.

"This is about what my parents told you at the dinner a week ago." Demetrius told me as he placed his arms around my waist.

The moment Demetrius uttered that sentence out, I already knew what he was talking about. I could still remember the intense look that he gave me when his parents told me about the fact that Demetrius might like me.

I nodded for him to go on, even though I started to feel nervous.

"Emilia what if I told you that my parents were right, after 2 months of knowing you, I've started falling for you. My question is whether you're also falling in love with me." Demetrius confessed or sort of confessed as his grip on my waist tightened a little probably to ensure that I wasn't going to run away from his question.

"Emilia, I really like you and I believe that I'm falling in love with you." Demetrius confessed with a delicate look on his face as he caressed my face and cupped my cheek. "Do you feel the same way? If you don't then it's okay, it won't change anything between us, but if you do then I intend on keeping you with me for as long as this world and our souls exist." Demetrius continued with such an intense gaze that made a shiver go down my spine.

"Demetrius, I..." I started feeling nervous again, this was it the moment of reveal which I have brought onto myself.

"Only the truth, Emilia. Nothing else." Demetrius sternly said in such a masculine voice that I'm certain I've never heard him use before.

I took a deep breath before I looked back into his eyes. "I'm falling in love with you too." I confessed not even blinking once during my confession. "Its been about a month now ever since I developed these feelings and just like you I was afraid to confess." I shyly said.

"You've made me so happy Emilia." Demetrius responded rubbing his thumb over my lips. "May I?" He asked seeking for permission to kiss me.

I leaned in before I whispered "Yes." Demetrius gently placed his lips over mine, giving me a long and passionate kiss that made me quietly moan in bliss. We finally seperated when we both realised that we were put out of breath from our mind blowing kiss.

"No more secrets from now on?" I asked.

"No more secrets from now on." He responded kissing my knuckles. "I owe you a date, even though kissing came before the date for us." Demetrius stated.

"When you're all better you can take me on that date." I said wrapping my arms around his neck and pecking his lips. "For now we can settle on watching a movie while cuddling." I offered climbing off his lap just to be pulled back down.

"Where are you going?" He whined with his hands on my waist.

"I was going to get myself some popcorn and soda." I said amused at his reaction. "And maybe some ice-cream." I continued thinking of the nice cold ice-cream in my freezer, with it being Summer it was super hot so ice-cream was the ideal chilling machine.

"Okay, you'll find me over here then." Demetrius said closing his eyes, and facing upwards. "Seeing as that I can't eat any of those things in my current state, I want more kisses which will be replacing all of those snacks especially the ice-cream." He said smirking with his eyes closed.

"But my lips are tired, I don't think that they can handle any more kisses any time soon." I teased with a little whine as I stood up and made my way to the kitchen to get my snacks.

"With enough exercise, they'll get used to it." He said so nonchalantly making me blush.

Demetrius and I watched movies and basically just bonded throughout the whole day, everything felt perfect. I caught Demetrius looking at me many times today as if he's still in disbelief of the fact that I reciprocated his feelings, then again I was also surprised that he reciprocated mine.

"What is it that made you like me out of everyone else?" I asked out of curiosity as I played with Demetrius's fingers, as nice as it was I honestly couldn't wait to feel what his actual physical body's touch felt like.

"Everything about you draws me in, from your cute face to your kind and selfless being, you are just perfect, there is nothing not to like." Demetrius genuinely said as he looked at our intertwined fingers. "You stand out from any other girl that I've met before. You got my attention from the beginning Sweetheart." He said.

"I'm that great, thank you, you're also perfect, perfect for me. I'm a little worried though what if when you wake up and are able to socialise and everything you will start liking someone else and forget about me, or what if-?" I was cut off from my train of worries by a firm and passionate kiss on the lips, making my heart beat quicken and my knees feel like jelly, I was luckily laying on the bed so I wouldn't have fallen from my weak knees.

"You worry too much." Demetrius said in a husky sexy voice with his lips brushing against mine. "Even when I wake up I will still want you and only you, I'm yours for as long as you'll have me Baby." Demetrius said gently nibbling on my lower lip making me moan in desire.

"Now how about we go to sleep, it's late and we're both tired I believe." Demetrius said releasing a yawn, pulling me into his comfortable arms, and pecking my lips and forehead. "Goodnight Sweetheart." He said pulling me even closer to him.

"You're right, I am tired, which is probably why I'm overthinking this much, Goodnight Demetrius." I said laying my head on his chest, and intertwining our legs. Who would have thought that I would be able to find such a great person and at such a young age, I just hope that none of this will burn in flames. And with that last thought, I succumbed to peaceful sleep.