Chapter 3

I ate my dinner and then washed my dishes in my sink. During my whole little cleaning spree, Demetrius was looking lazily at me with his chin in his palm.

"Done." I said smiling with complete satisfaction of what I saw. My kitchen looked spotless, just the way that I liked it.

"Wow that was quick." I heard the voice of Demetrius right behind my ear making me jump in surprise.

"Demetrius, you nearly killed me. How did you get here so fast without me even noticing anything?" I asked with my hand against my chest feeling my fast beating heart.

"Sorry, I can walk very lightly and quietly now that I'm a well ghost." He said his blue eyes shining with amusement.

"That's kinda cool." I replied a bit in awe of his new ability.

"Would you mind if I touched your hand?" He asked catching me of guard. "I don't know why but I feel I might be able to touch you without my hand going through." He said scratching his neck in what seemed to be nervousness.

"Yeah sure I don't mind." I said reaching out my hand out to him. I watched as he hesitantly reached his hand out and touched mine. The moment our hands touched I felt electricity running from the tips of our fingers to the tip of my toes. I detached my hand in surprise. "I didn't know that ghosts have static." I said trying to ease the sudden sparks in the air.

"Neither did I." He responded looking down at his hands. "I guess my gut was correct in saying that you're different from everyone else, my question now is why." He continued looking at me as if trying to study me.

"Why are you looking at me like that " I asked shying away from his gaze.

"No reason at all." He said going over to sit on the coach. We should probably be going off to bed. Tomorrow, I think that I might have a place where you can go and work if you wish." He suggested.

"That would be great." I said genuinely happy about that but I was pulled out of my happy bubble by a rumble of thunder outside making me jump in terror. I hate thunderstorms, I usually hide under my covers when I'm alone when there is thunder, or I go and visit Grace before the storm starts since she has two bedrooms I camp out at her place.

"Not a thunder fan?" He asked with complete pity.

"Not at all." I said and jumped a bit as I heard another strike of thunder. Gosh I hate thunder.

"Come sit next to me." He offered petting the empty spot on the couch.

I basically bolted to the spot, yep I'm a strange one, but what can I say, I'm desperate. I always sit with Grace when there are thunderstorms and then when I'm sleepy enough I move over to the spare bedroom and she goes off to hers.

Demetrius cradled l me to him, which really surprised but I guess that it also brought me comfort. As I layed on his chest I realised that he had a faint heartbeat but he radiated no warmth, but he wasn't cold either.

"You go ahead and sleep now." He said brushing his fingers through my hair in a soothing motion.

"I'm way ahead of you." I said releasing a yawn and closing my eyes. I couldn't help but feel how nice this was, I could get used to this.

"Don't you need to sleep?" I asked him on the brink of sleep.

"I do." He responded.

"Will you be able to sleep with me in your arms like this?" I asked looking lazily up at him.

"I will be able to sleep don't worry. Sweet dreams Emilia." He said in such a soothing voice.

"Goodnight." I said falling asleep.