Chapter 9

Demetrius's POV

I woke up to someone or should I say to Emilia's wiggling around in my arms the next morning. It was actually around 5:12 so around this time my body was sensitive to any movement because this is or should I say was my latest walking up time when I was still working.

I looked down at Emilia and noticed that she was sweating, probably burning up. I placed my hand on her forehead to feel that it was heating up.

I stood up with the intention of going to make her some soup only to remember that I couldn't touch anything in the state that I was in at the moment.

I went back into the room and looked at Emilia feeling useless, I couldn't do anything to make her feel better, I couldn't even get her a blanket. I watched as her eyes fluttered open and made my way to sit on the edge of the bed.

"Good morning, you're up way earlier than I expected you to be, are you okay?" I asked her while I gently raked my fingers through her hair.

"Good morning, I'm okay, just feeling a little sick this morning. Why aren't you in bed?" She asked looking at me with slightly glossy eyes showing that she was sick or catching a cold.

"I wanted to go and make you something to eat, but I couldn't because of my current situation, I'm sorry that I can't help you." I said with a sad smile.

"Oh, Demetrius, come on. I don't think that ghosts can get sick." She said pulling the cover open enough for me to jump in next to her. I watched as she laid her head onto my shoulder and began drawing patterns on my bare chest. "Now about helping me, it's helpful enough having you here, laying down with me." She said looking into my eyes making a shiver go down my back.

"I still wish that I could help you some more, but if cuddling does even a little for you then I would gladly love to cuddle with you." I gently said as I pecked her lips and watched her eyes slowly closing her eyes.

"I feel tired so I'm going to take a nap for a bit, okay?" She asked intertwining our legs together and sighing in satisfaction. "You sure are comfortable." She mumbled on the verge of sleep.

I continued to stroke her hair and watched as her breathing evened out and and fell asleep.

I watched her as she slept and couldn't help but to feel luckier to have her. I gently pecked her slightly parted lips before I laid down and closed my eyes.

*****

"You know you giving me instructions to make the soup is kind of like you cooking so you can check cooking soup for me off of your help to make me feel better list." Emilia said as she stirred the soup.

I walked over to her, wrapped my arms around her from behind and planted a kiss right under her right ear. I watched as she released a shiver of pleasure making me smirk. I guess I have more of an effect on her than I thought.

I looked over at the pot and saw that the soup looked great and was almost ready to eat. "You did a great job making the soup Baby." I told her pulling away slightly so that I wouldn't hurt her ears with my voice.

"Thank you." She said right before she sneezed. Her sneezing was so adorable, it sounded like a baby's sneeze. I could have squeezed her cheeks right then and there.

"Bless you Sweetheart." I said before looking at the soup again and I have to admit I woas pleased with what I saw and smelled. "Okay the soup is ready, you can dig in. It should make you feel better and then you must drink some pain killers to help with the headache and the painful body." I instructed, wanting to see her feeling better.

"Okay, okay for now let me focus on eating some delicious soup." Emilia said laughing in amusement as she turned to face me. "Thank you for taking care of me." She said flashing me with one of her dazzling smiles.

"You're welcome, Baby besides if I don't take care of you then who will?" I asked nuzzling into her neck and planting a single kiss there.

"Well I could ask..." She said a little mischievously but stopped and bursted out in laughter at my expression. "Nobody." She finished off still giggling. "Your expression was priceless." She said throwing her arms around my neck, and reached out to peck my lips.

"Baby don't start something that you can't finish." I warned. "Just in case you were looking somewhere else just remember that I don't share. What's mine is mine and your mine." I said capturing her lips in a heated kiss.

"Someone's more possessive then I initially saw him to be." Emilia said looking flushed and sounding slightly breathless.

"You have no idea how possessive and protective I can get, but it's not my fault, it runs in the family." I said with a shrug and a smirk. "Now let's put some food into that stomach of yours." I said lightly petting her belly which growled in response making me burst out in laughter.

She nodded in response before moving to the cupboard and getting herself a bowl to dish up in.

I looked her as she scooped up a spoon of soup and watched her put in into her mouth. She seemed to really enjoy the soup because soon after the first spoon, I watched her take in the second, the third and fourth spoon until she eventually finished it. I watched as she licked her lips and sighed in content.

"That soup was delicious." She said sounding satisfied. "Now that I've eaten some soup I think that I'm going to go and take a nap, before lunch." She continued stifling a yawn.

"Go and rest Sweetheart, you need a lot of sleep in order to recover quicker." I said going to sit on the couch.

"You're not coming with me?" She asked with the most adorable puppy dog eyes that I have seen so far.

"Do you want me to?" I asked already knowing the answer, but wanting to hear it directly from her mouth.

"Yes, I want you to come and nap with me or at least sit with me until I fall asleep." She said. "Please say yes." She said looking at me with her beautiful eyes which just seemed to draw me in.

"Alright, let's go." I said linking our fingers together and guiding Emilia to our room.

"We both got under the covers and then like always Emilia moved over to me. She lazily threw her hands around my neck and then she threw her leg over my hip and leaned her head on my chest.

"You know your heart sounds so distant." She randomly said. "It is probably due to the fact that you are a ghost right now, the moment that you get your body back, I'm sure it will sound stronger and closer." She continued seeminglu focused on listening to my heart.

I hummed in response. I missed having a real body, it allowed me to do more than I can do now. I miss the freedom that I now realise that I once had. The moment I'm healthy and back to normal I plan on going to see my parents and properly introducing them to Emilia. I believe that she is the one for me so as long as she is comfortable with it all I'm planning on properly introducing her to my family and my life. I also want to take her on a date, a date that I currently can't take her on but for now I just want to ask her to be my girlfriend. The only sad thing is that I can't do anything romantic for her right now so the moment that I'm able to, I plan to spoil her rotten and to show her how much she means to me.

I have never fallen in love with anyone, but as I laid on the bed with her next to me, I knew at that moment that I had fallen in love with Emilia Woods and I plan on keeping her for as long as she will let me.