Chapter 2

We finally got to my small comfy apartment. It wasn't much but it was comfortable.

"This is where I live." I said, opening the door to my apartment. "You can make yourself comfortable." I said entering the apartment.

"Comfy." He said looking around with an approving smile.

"Thank you, so this is the kitchen." I said pointing to my basically white small kitchen. "Living room." I said gesturing to the small living room with a medium sized Tv and grey leather sofas. "Bedroom." I said gesturing to my bedroom with a warm brown wall and carpet and my queen sized bed with a white and grey duvet and white pillowcased covered pillows. "Bathroom." I said gesturing to my small bathroom which luckily had both a shower and bathtub, a basin and of course a toilet. My house was painted in white except for my bedroom.

"So I'm curious about your story, do you have any idea why you're well, I guess a ghost." I asked hoping that I didn't come off as rude as I made my way to my kitchen to make myself dinner and to eat a quick snack. I last ate before I left my apartment so I'm starving.

"To be honest I'm not sure, I remember walking across the street while typing on my phone, the next thing I know I hear people shouting at me. I turned around and saw a car coming towards me, the next thing that I know my whole body is in pain and I blacked out. When I woke up I found myself looking at my body, as it lay without any movement on the hospital bed and watched as my Mother cried. I sadly couldn't comfort her since she couldn't see me." He said looking so sad and devastated.

I honestly felt so bad for him but at the same time I honestly wanted to smack him for dying or almost dying like that.

"You were quite foolish to type while crossing the road you dimwit." I couldn't help but to say.

"Yeah, I know. I was just so focused on an important email that could have made my business skyrocket." He said.

"Seriously, you nearly died because of business?" I asked in disbelief.

"I'm a bit of a workaholic." He said scratching the back of his head. "It's basically all that I think about, even now I still think about my company when I'm not talking to anyone." He said. "I'm worried about how it's doing without me right now." He said seeming worried.

"Well not that I'm trying to rub alcohol on your wound, but you're basically or kinda dead so you might as well stop thinking about business things for some time because you honestly couldn't do anything about it's failer or success whether you wanted to or not." I said with a shrug as I began whistling a tune and making myself some spaghetti.

"Thank you, that makes everything so much better." He said with every word laced in sarcasm, sarcasm that I ignored.

"You're welcome." I said with a smile as I carried on whistling.

"You know that I was being sarcastic right?" He asked with an eyebrow raised and a frown plastered to his face.

"Yep." I said flashing him a smile. "Would you like something to eat because I'm starving." I asked eating a fruit salad that I had taken out from the fridge.

"I would love to eat, except I can't eat or hold anything." He said with a pout. "I can only smell it, imagine the torture that I'm going through." He continued.

"So you're hungry, but you can't eat?" I asked feeling sad for Demetrius.

"No I'm not hungry, I haven't been hungry for the past 2 weeks that I've been in a Coma for." He said thinking over his past weeks.

"Do you know why I can see you but nobody else can?" I asked fascinated about this because he is the only ghost that I've ever seen.

"I wish I knew." He said also clueless about this, then again he's basically been this way for about 2 weeks and no one could see him.

"Oh well, we'll hopefully figure it out together then."I said with a shrug not feeling like cracking my head over this strange thing.

"I completely agree." He said with a nod. "Now this is a completely random question but how old are you?" He asked with his head cocked to the side making him look so adorable. What can I say I appreciate adorableness when I see it.

"I'm 20 years old." I responded. "How old are you?" I asked back.

"I turned 30 a month ago." He responded.

"I didn't see that coming, you honestly look more or less about 25 year old." I said with my mouth agape, I just couldn't believe it.

"Good genes I guess." He said throwing his head back in laughter.

"Why do you live alone?" He asked.

"Well I moved away from home in order to attend at the culinary school here since I was offered a full scholarship there. My Mother and Father had already saved up money for me to go University so when I came for the scholarship they decided to give it all to me saying that it was for me anyway. I used some of the money to buy this apartment and the furniture and it's been sustaining me for the past week since I've been looking for a job." I responded with a smile.

"Wow, that's amazing. I'm guessing that you're done with your studies?" He asked.

"Yep I'm done, all I need is to find a job so that I can buy myself a car soon. I'm tired of getting rained on." I said with a huff of frustration.

"You know I could let you borrow my car." He said as if he was just offering to borrow me 10 bucks.

"Yeah that would be nice but I'm good." I said politely declining.

"Okay." He said with a shrug. "If you happen to change your mind feel free to tell me." He said making his way to the living room and then frowning.

"Whats wrong?" I asked.

"I don't think that I can turn the TV on, then again I've never tried." He said looking at his hands.

"Give it a try." I said taking the remote over to him.

"There's nothing to lose I suppose that there is nothing to lose." He said reaching out to touch the remote only for his hands to pass through it. "Oh well I guess that I can't." He said with a shrug and a small frown.

"I'm sorry that you have to go through this." I said feeling pity for him.

"It's okay, I barely watched TV so it's no problem." He said with a reassuring smile.

"So tell me about where you work and how you got there." I said wanting to talk about something that he liked in hopes of cheering him up.

"My company's name is Walker Corporation. I started it off from scratch using the allowance that my parents gave me growing up. I mostly invested in shares and stuff growing up so by the time I finished Varsity and got my certificate in Business Management, I started my company.  It was difficult but I eventually got to where I am today." He responded his voice full of pride.

"Where do you hope to go career wise?" He asked me facing in my direction.

"I've always liked baking so I would like to open my own bakery I guess." I responded.

"Nothing is impossible, as long as you're not afraid to try and reach for the sky, you'll get there." He said with utmost honesty.

"You're right." I said completely agreeing with him. "I'll take your words to heart." I continued.

"Now tell me what you were doing at the hospital and why did you offer to take a stranger even if he's a ghost home with you? I hope that it's not a normal habit of yours." He said with a raised eyebrow obviously waiting for a good reason.

"It's not a habit of mine to offer to take strangers home with me. I was at the hospital to volunteer and I took you with me because I love to help people." I said being completely honest.

"You're a very kind hearted person, I haven't ever been a volunteer, but I'd love to try it so where would you recommend I volunteer first?" He asked.

"Well there are so many places, but retirement homes are a good place to start or the go green initiatives...." I kept on recommending and he seemed to be listening to everything.