CAPITOLO CINQUANTA- Anger vs Pain

"Stay with me, don't fall asleep too soon. The angels can wait for a moment." -Ironik

Queens, New York📍
8:30 am
April 13th '19

Gasping for air, Cataleya and Rheah abruptly awoke from their slumbers, drenched by the freezing ice cold water that had just hit their faces.

"Get the fuck up."

At the sound of the rough demand, the girls' furious eyes dart around the bedroom to find a stern-faced Michael, standing by the foot of their beds with an empty bucket in his hand and two guards standing close behind him.

"Michael?!" Rheah screeches. "What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"Are you crazy?!" Cataleya glares at him with incredulous disgust as she shivers against the dampness setting into her clothing.

Ignoring both of their rhetorical questions, Michael places the buckets down on the floor before picking up a pair of black duffel bags.

"Y'all have 10 minutes to get dressed." He orders, throwing the duffel bags onto their beds. "Derrick and Theo will un-cuff y'all once I leave the room but I'll be back when the time is up."

The girls briefly glance over to the guards before their eyes meet Michael's again.

"Are they staying in the room while we change?" Cataleya raises an eyebrow.

Michael scrunches up his face as if she had asked a stupid question. "Of course not, they'll wait outside. But they have orders to shoot first, ask questions later so don't even think about doing anything stupid."

With that warning, Michael turns on his heels and begins to head for the exit. While Rheah stares at Michael as if he'd grown two heads, Cataleya's face set into a deep frown. Though just as Michael opens the door to leave, he stops and looks back at the girls.

"But," He says in a thoughtful tone, "If you still want to play with your life and try to escape out the window, by all means do so. I'm sure that 7 story fall to the concrete floor will treat you much nicer than we will."

Both Rheah and Cataleya blink in shock at Michael's words and behaviour. But before they could even address it, Michael leaves the room.

The girls send each other questioning looks before naturally their gazes turn towards the guards in the room only to find them already watching them with blank stares.

"So..." Cataleya purses her lips, "Y'all gon' stand there staring at us all day like statues or uncuff us so we can get dressed? Y'all heard the man say 10 minutes right?"

While Theo raises his eyebrow at Cataleya, Derrick scoffs but neither of them move to uncuff them.

Rheah throws Cataleya a look telling her to be quiet before turning back to the guards, plastering a fake smile on her face. "Excuse my sister, she didn't mean for that to come out so rude, but could you two please uncuff us so we could start getting ready?"

"Please." Cataleya adds for dramatic effect.

The two men look at each other before looking back towards the girls. While Rheah pushes her fake grin to be wider, Cataleya tries to mimic her sister's expression but was failing miserably. Nevertheless the two guards finally begin to move towards the girls, ready to set them free.

o o o

"Sis you almost finished in there?" Cataleya calls out while pulling out her messy bun to make it bigger,  "I'm sure the Terminator and his Autobots will burst through the doors any minute now."