CAPITOLO TRENTADUE- Something New

"Cause girl I'm just digging your vibe." - Alan Love.

The Bronx, New York📍
10:15am
December 8th '18

"So remind me again why you can't spend the day with us?" Michael asks, taking a seat next to Rheah on the couch.

"Because I've already made plans to go out later." Rheah states simply as her eyes remain focused on slicking up Cienna's hair.

"Wow, what could be more important than spending the day at the aquarium and then going to see Disney On Ice with your beautiful daughter and your fine ass baby daddy?" Michael smirks cockily.

Rheah slides him a side-eye before she rolls her eyes. "You know, any more of that ego Michael Anderson and I think your head will become too big for your body."

"Ego? Me? Never, I'd call what I say about myself just words of affirmation, you know positive reinforcement." He winks at her.

Rheah chuckles shaking her head before she re-starts her upward brush strokes as she packs Cienna's hair together. Michael watches curiously as she pulls in one side to the left before tying it with a hair bubble to create a ponytail.

"Can I try?" Michael blurts out.

"Try what?" Rheah turns her attention curiously to Michael after she manages to tame the puff into a two strand twist.

"Doing Cici's hair." Michael tilts his head slightly, watching as Rheah adds a matching bubble at the end of the twist. "I wanna learn how to do it so, you know, I can help you out sometimes or just to be able to do it myself."

Rheah couldn't help but smile. "Sure. You can do the other side and I'll guide you."

"Okay." Michael nods and switches places with Rheah, causing Cienna to look back at him strangely.

"Daddy what you doing?" She asks with a slight frown.

Michael sends her a warm smile, "I'm gonna learn how to do your hair so that I can be able to keep my princess looking pretty without mommy's help."

"Okay... you can try Daddy, but don't mess it up. I'm gonna see Princess Tiana and Aladdin today so I have to look my best." Cienna sasses.

Michael raises his eyebrow amused while Rheah smirks quietly. "Yes ma'am. You don't worry yourself, your Daddy owns a hair salon so I know a little thing or two about hair. I won't ruin it, princess."

Ten minutes later, after a few attempts, Michael had been able to decently mimic Rheah's side of Cienna's hair. Once Cienna had checked it out in the mirror and given her father her seal of approval, the two got ready to leave the apartment to start their Father-Daughter day out.

"Alright, you two have a good day." Rheah leans over, planting a kiss on Cienna's cheek. "You be good for Daddy, I'll see you later baby."

Cienna grins, leaning from her father's arms to hug her mother's neck. "I love you mommy, you have a good day too."

"Thank you sweetheart, I will." Rheah grins, kissing her daughter's nose once more before her gaze shifts over to Michael. "Be safe and don't be a pushover Michael, if you say no, it means no."

"Yes mama bear I hear you." Michael chuckles shaking his head. "I'll hit you up when we on our way back."

"Alright." Rheah nods.

"And I hope you have a not a nice day at whatever you're ditching us for." Michael huffs with a playful pout.

Rheah laughs shaking her head at his childishness. "Bye Michael, take care of our daughter and have fun."