Q&A

Angelica: Heey lovelies! Welcome to the 'Forbidden Fruit' halftime show.

Andrea: We are your hosts, Andrea and Angel and this is the part where we answer your burning questions

Angelica: We've collected your questions and we're going to split them into two segments: Questions solely about the book and Questions about the Authors (fun facts).

Andrea: So, without further ado, let's get into it 😁

Q: What are the Giovanni sisters' ethnicity?

A: Rheah Giovanni is of Afro-Caribbean descent. Her nationality, however is Italian. This will be touched on later in the story but her mother is from the Caribbean island of Dominica and her father is Eritrean but was born in Italy.

Cataleya Giovanni is also of Afro-Caribbean descent. Her parents are from the Caribbean island of Antigua but she was born in New York, USA. Her story of how she got to Italy will also be touched on later in the book.

Q: Are Gabriel and Cataleya blood related?

A: No they are not. Antonio adopted Rheah and Cataleya. However Gabriel is Antonio's biological son.

Q: Do the rest of the family not notice Gabriel and Cataleya's relationship? It's very obvious by his behaviour.

A: Well, as we now know, Rheah knows about the relationship, she knew for a while (please see: chapter 37- 'Venting'). Now as far as we know, Antonio is still unaware.

In regards to Gabriel's obvious behaviour: For the Giovannis, Gabriel's possessive, overprotective and irrational behaviour is not something out of the norm. He is very protective over his family, particularly his sisters (even more so Cataleya because she is the youngest of the three). So even though we know he's behaving like this for a different reason, to the rest of the household, he is just being Gabriel.