CAPITOLO SEI- Twisted Tales

"I'm out for revenge, I'm out for the ends, I'm out for respect, I'm out for the crown. " -Joyner Lucus

The Bronx, New York📍
9:00pm
August 20th' 18

"Aight Mina, take a look and tell me what you think." Chris leans back into his chair with a satisfied smile.

A short young woman from the Philippines stood in front of the long body mirror, admiring the new beautiful bold tigress covering the majority of her back. A full grin etches across Mina's face as she examines the masterpiece.

"Damn Chris! This is fire!" She beams, the tigress moving with each twist and turn she makes to get a better view at his creation. "Thank you so much! I love it!"

Chris cleans off his equipment with a proud smirk, "You know I can't give you anything less."

"I know," Mina grins, "And that's why you're the best!"

Chris laughs feeling satisfaction wash over him again. He loved seeing the smile on his customers' faces after completing a job. It was one of the many reasons why working as a tattoo artist gave him so much joy.

"Imma give you some space to get dressed and I'll be back in a few mins to give you your care pack," He tells Mina who was barely listening, still gawking at her new ink.

Exiting his room, Chris trails towards the reception area stopping briefly along the way to check on his team. It was no surprise to find all six of his talented tattoo artists still here, hard at work. 

They'd all grown accustomed to Pyramid Inks' late night opening hours and enjoyed spending time perfecting their craft.

Finished with his rounds, Chris walks into the reception area spotting KD with a broom in his hand, leaning against the front desk talking to the beautiful young woman sitting behind it.

"Look Janaé, all I'm saying is two years ain't that big of a deal." KD winks, "You know what they say, age ain't nothin' but a number."

Janaé raises her eyebrow amused.

"Mhm, but I also know being with a 16-year-old ain't nothing but a case." She leans forward cupping his cheeks playfully, "And no offence KD, you ain't worth a jail sentence and I ain't cut out to be a jailbird."

"Baby girl, I would never allow you to become a jailbird, we'd keep it on the low." KD grins, taking her free hand into his.

When he wasn't at the trap house or hustling in the streets with the other Cartel workers, KD would be voluntarily helping out at the brothers' legal businesses. He'd be found cleaning up at Michael's barbershop, cracking jokes with the customers or running lunch errands for Chris at the tattoo shop.

Usually, he split his time evenly between the two establishments, but currently, he was spending more time working at Pyramid Inks now that she was here helping out.

"Give it up KD, it's not gonna happen" Janaé chuckles sitting back in her seat.

KD bites his lip, "Give up? You know that ain't possibility baby girl. I'm a firm believer in fighting for what you want and you the one imma fight for."

Janaé pulls back from KD shaking her head chuckling, waving off yet another harmless flirtatious comment.

Her eyes drift away from him momentarily finally noticing her boss, while KD continues to lay his advances on thick, not taking notice of Chris' presence.

"Lil homie you supposed to be sweeping the floor, not spitting that dead ass game on my baby sis."

KD turns around quickly to meet Chris' playful mug, while Janaé watches between the two amused.