CAPITOLO SESSANTACINQUE- Caution

"Things change, people change, feelings change too..." - PartyNextDoor

Negril, Jamaica📍
11:45 am
6th July '19

As the bright rays of sunlight finally slip through the small gaps in the curtains and land on Cataleya's sleeping figure, the sudden warmth and light beaming against her exposed skin compels the young woman to groan and stir until she awoke.

Rubbing away the sleep from her eyes with one hand, Cataleya slowly sits up and uses the other to feel around for the person she'd slept with last night only to come up short of a second figure. Instantly a confused frown settles on her face and her eyes fly open but close again once a bright ray of light attacks her vision. After squinting, shielding and making the 'third times the charm', Cataleya finally manages to open her now adjusted eyes properly, only to confirm that her baby father was in fact not in the bed or the room with her anymore.

Cataleya's heart sinks.

Though she'd already anticipated Chris not being there when she woke up, she still had hopes that after their wistful night together that he would be there to greet her with a warm embrace and forehead kiss like he used to–completing the nostalgic moment of times they used to share before their breakup.

Suddenly, a wave of memories from last night carries with it a soft smile to Cataleya's face. For once, Chris had chosen to spend time with her out of his own guidance and desire. He'd come home late from work as per usual but instead of showering up and retiring to his bed, he sought hers. Not for anything sexual but just to end his day talking with her.

Cataleya chuckles out loud as another memory crosses her mind.

She could remember when he first came to her saying he wanted to talk and hang out. She'd assumed he was either high, feenin' or dying but even after he assured her it was none of those things and that he simply wanted to spend his night with her, a sceptical Cataleya still made him sit on the chair far away from the bed until she was certain he wasn't up to no funny business.

At any other given time, she would have been submissive and more than willing to accept whatever Chris wanted to lay on her but that night in particular she hadn't been feeling very well nor was she in the mood to be bent up like a pretzel or deal with his verbal bullshit.

But as he said his intentions were, Chris kept his word and the two spent the night and early hours into the morning talking about any and everything, bonding with his kids and indulging in the comfort that their presence gave each other. Naturally, somewhere between their talk and bonding session with the kids, Chris had ended up on the bed and soon the two inevitably found themselves falling asleep, wrapped up in each other's arms.

With the memory still fresh, Cataleya could have sworn that she could still feel his strong arms wrapped securely around her while his face was nestled deep within the crook of her neck. The subtle warmth of his breath lightly dancing against her skin sent tingles down her spine while his alluring scent lulled her into an oasis of peace.

But just as quick as the memory and feelings came, so did reality and every piece of Cataleya's physical recollection of last night faded aside from the subtle traces of Chris' scent still lingering in the sheet amongst hers. Shaking off the subtle feeling of disappointment that had creeped in, Cataleya finally slips out of the bed and heads into her en-suite to follow through with her morning routine. Though, the whole time she was in there, all Cataleya's mind could do was ponder on where Chris could have gone... especially after recalling he'd said he had the day off today.

After rinsing out her mouth and washing her face, Cataleya swiftly strips out of her clothes and turns the shower on, but before she could step in, the sound of her phone ringing from her bedroom grabs her attention. It wasn't just the ringing but more so the type of ring tone that made her ears perk up and caused the corners of her lips to curl into a smile.