Chapter 1

Jeff's POV:

There's no doubt in my mind, for the reason why he let me stay in his mansion. It was pity, wasn't it? Pure pity. I'm not going to ask him, he's never talked to me since that day in the forest. And Liu's grave... I don't care if he didn't mean to. His tombstone is broken, and it's all that girls fault.

A slight snarl escapes my lips, ever since the fire. It was fine. Slender gave me a home, and I was okay. I didn't have to stay in my dead family's house. And I was free. Well, at least I thought I was.

It's just another place I'm trapped in. Stuck in. But I'm allowed to leave and walk around. That girls face won't leave my head, ever since I glared at her for taking the picture. Ever since I was stuck on that fucking tree branch.

I never fixed the hole in my sweater. Couldn't cross my mind to fix it in the first place. It's just been colder.

He should've let me die on that tree branch. Should've left me in there, but he took me off of it in the end and carried me out of the fire. My wound healing slower than my usual wounds. I could never find the girl. She just, vanished.

I left a while ago. To trace back my thoughts. Where she could've gone, what the fuck she is, why she took the photo in the first place.

I almost walk into a tree, quickly dodging it. My knife twirling around in my hands as I throw it at the tree next to me in frustration.

"Fuck!" My hands go up to my face as I sit down under it. Staring off into the crowding trees.

The mossy bark, making what should be brown, green. Traveling up slowly onto the pine trees.

I wince as I notice I'm sitting on a rock.

"You're fucking kidding." I shift my weight as my hand grabs the rock. Throwing it into the nearby trees, not realizing who could've been there.

"Ow!" I look over to the tiny voice from the area I threw the stone. I stand up to take my knife out of the tree, prepared to throw it at whoever is near.

"Who's there?" A little girl in a small, pink, blood covered dress walks into the opening. "Oh, Sally, it's just you." I see her rubbing her side as she walks closer. "Sorry Sal. Didn't know you were there." She sits down in front of me.

"What are you doing all the way out here Jeffy?" She looks up at me with her small eyes, I sigh, sitting back down, as I let my head hit the bark behind me.

"I don't know. I could ask the same bout you. What are you doing all the way out here Sal?" I lift an eyebrow at her in a questioning glance. She looks to the side, hesitating.

She sighs before answering, "I followed you, okay? You seemed to be, I don't know... I guess, just, acting strange. You leave for hours on end and then come back when we nearly close and lock the doors."

"Well. Who would've thought a kid would've been able to notice shits been going on with me. I've been here, how long? A week?" She doesn't answer me before pulling up her legs. "There's something your not telling me Sally? You know you can trust me, right?"

"I-it's not that. Jeff?" She looks over at me. I look back at her giving her a tired and pained look.

"Hm?" She leans in a tiny bit closer. As if scared of who could possibly hear.