Chapter 9

Jeff's POV:

I open my eyes to feel a raging headache absolutely bash me in the head. Groaning, I sit up. A cup of water sitting on the table in front of me, sometimes I forget thats a basic human need. Sometimes I forget I'm still human. Well, barely human.

I grab the cup, my hand shaking as I bring it to my lips, tipping the cup, I feel the cold water run along my tongue, eager to swallow it. My once dry and warm mouth, now cooled and wet.

I look around after putting the cup down. There's seems to be no one here in this semi dark room. Standing up, slowly, forgetting how to walk for a quick second, I move towards the door, opening it to leave.

The bright living room making my eyes hurt.

My hands move to block the bright light before a small figure runs up to me and gives my body a tight squeeze.

"Hiya, Jeff!" I look down to the small girl in a pair of pink overalls and a nice white shirt.

I laugh, "Hey, Sal." Hugging her back, I let go and make my way up the stairs to my dark room. The light burning my eyes.

I open my door and slip in, shutting it behind me, I grab a hair tie off of my nightstand and put my hair in a ponytail. Moving towards my bed to lay down. Head still pounding, but much less after the water.

Maybe I should carry around a water bottle. That might be a lot more convenient. I sigh and groan. Getting up once more I shield my eyes from the light outside of my room. Walking down the stairs as I wait for my eyes to get used to the brightness.

"Sal!" My voice still raspy as I attempt to clear it.

"Yes?" I hear footsteps run towards me.

"Do you think you could find me a water bottle from the kitchen? And could you fill it up for me?" I watch as a big smile pops up on her face.

"Absolutely!" She runs into the kitchen. As I go sit down on the stairs. Putting my head down as I play with my hair. Clanging coming from the kitchen. I laugh lightly and shake my head. Getting up and walking into the kitchen. I see her kneeling on top of the counter, attempting to reach for the bottles. Arms too short.

I watch her start to stand up, my entire body going into panic mode.

"Wait, Sally, don't stand. We're gonna make a plan. Okay?" I watch her small face brighten. I, smiling as well. "You're going to sit on my shoulders, and I'm going to kneel on the counter. Okay? Sound like a plan?"

I watch her nod. I walk over to her fully and kneel down a bit. Her light body on my shoulders as she holds on from under my chin. I climb up onto the counter carefully. Hanging onto the bottom and top of the bottom cabinet. Just for a small amount of stability.

"Tell me when you have a bottle, and not a pink one, or I'm gonna feed you to the Rake, outside." I hear as she puts a bottle back, making me laugh.

"Is this one good?" She shows me a dark Blue bottle.

"That's perfect." I take the bottle from her hand and climb down from the cabinet. The both of us knowing damn well we aren't allowed to climb up them in the first place.

Don't ask. Just Slender's rules. I turn around and move towards the cooler. Slender in my vision near the door with his arms crossed. My headache increasing slightly.

"We needed a bottle and I didn't think you were here, so I helped Sally get up." And I can't reach either. Now can you please, stop making my headache worse? Thank you?"

He turns and walks away. Saying nothing. Nothing at all. I fill up the bottle with cold water. The tense child on my shoulders relaxing a bit.

"I'm sorry Jeff, I got you in trouble..."