After hearing Mingqiang's words, I vaguelyguessed his purpose and asked, "In other words,you want to cooperate with Anzhi in real estate,right?"

Mingqiang responded, "Yes, foreigners can't buyand sell land or operate real estate in Thailand,only companies with 51% Thai ownership can buyand sell land and develop real estate, so foreigncompanies that come here to develop real estatewill work with local companies. Anzhi hadoriginally talked with a real estate company inChiangmai, and we want to replace that realestate company. 

"But now, we don't know if he'll ever return toThailand to invest, so we want to ask you howyour relationship with him is." 

I thought about it, and instead of answering hiswords, I asked, "With the financial power of youand Sucha, and the power of Sangkesu, you canget the land yourselves and then take out a loanwith the bank to get the project. So why do youhave to work with Anzhi?"

Mingqiang laughed: "Tom, I won't lie to you,Sucha and I don't really know much about thereal estate industry, so if let us do it on our own,we don't know how much we will lose. It'sunlikely that the local large real estate companieswill cooperate with us, and the small andmedium-sized companies don't have theadvantages Anzhi. Whether it's projectdevelopment, or experience in all aspects ofmanagement and marketing, including energysaving and smart technology, which the localsmall and medium-sized real estate companiesdon't have. 

"The most important thing is that the largestnumber of foreigners coming to Thailand to buyproperty are Chinese, the project has to attractmore Chinese people to buy. Anzhi's companyhas a good reputation in China, with a maturemarketing mechanism and a customer base,working with him on this project is the bestchoice."

I took a puff of smoke and asked, "Mingqiang, I'mnot going to lie to you, after I saved his wife andchild, he once wanted to give me a milliondollars, and asked me to do real estate with him. Ican say that I'm quite chatty with him, how doyou want me to help you?"

 "Can you call and ask him if he's still interested inworking on a project here, and if he is, tell himthat Sucha and I, as well as Sangkesu, can workwith him." 

I was a little speechless, "Mingqiang, just listeningto you talk about his advantages, whatadvantages do you and Sucha have to attracthim, other than money to invest?"

Mingqiang laughed, "Tom, you can tell him thatwe can help him get an environmentalassessment permit and a building permit as fastas possible, whether it's for the Meiping River orPattaya, there's no problem with either of thosepermits. You can also tell him who Sucha and Ireally are, and just say that we can handle anytrouble on the commercial and social level."

 I thought about it and said, "Okay, I'll call himlater and ask him for you." 

"Please, then." 

"All right."

 Hanging up Mingqiang's phone, I finished mycigarette, stubbed out the butt, and then foundout Anzhi's number and dialed it.

Mingqiang had a good idea, but I felt it was a bitdifficult, anyone who did serious business didn'twant to get involved with people in criminalsyndicate for fear of getting into unnecessarytrouble. 

Unless Anzhi himself was involved in this area, orwanted to have the support of the black andwhite over here. 

Anzhi quickly connected the phone and said witha smile over there, "Tom, how are you, are you inChina now, or still in Thailand?" 

"Hello, Anzhi, I'm still in Thailand." 

"Oh, I heard that Zhengwen Gong was plottedagainst, did you do it or Bansha?"