Chapter 32 - The Plan

Nat's POV

It was three in the morning when everyone's alarms went off. Tony told us that we would be leaving early in the morning to get as much into today as possible. I am not sure how much of a relaxing holiday it was going to be when Tony had planned it, but hey, I was still grateful.

Usually, I would be more annoyed about having to get up at 3 in the morning for a 3:30am departure, however, Steve and I had been up almost all night anyway with Emma. It had been a very rough right for all of us. Luckily I was almost completely healed from my injures due to the modified serum I was given, and I couldn't be more grateful, as it meant I wasn't a cripple for any more than a few hours.

I got out of bed and got dressed before walking into the nursery and dressing the very awake Emma in a cute little pink onesie for the flight. We had been told that it would be a three-hour flight so I wanted to make sure that Emma would be comfortable. Once I had finished getting Emma ready I walked into the kitchen to find Steve finishing making eggs on toast for breakfast.

I made up a bottle for Emma and started feeding her whilst eating my breakfast with the other hand. One of the joys of being a parent.

I looked at the time and realized that we had 5 minutes to be on the jet. I quickly stood up and grabbed the last of our belongings whilst Steve put our plates and cutlery away. We hurried out the door and to the elevator.

We got to the roof with one minute to spare. Steve went ahead and packed all of our luggage in the jet whilst I stayed back and chatted with the rest of the Avengers as we waited for Tony. This mostly consisted of Emma getting passed around to all of the tired Avengers.

Once Tony came in right on time we all got in the jet and took off. Luckily Emma fell asleep quickly, allowing both Steve and I to catch up on our sleep. None of us woke up until we were landing.

I stood up and stretched, as did many of the other avengers who had fallen asleep on the jet. Steve passed Emma back to me and I placed her in a sling that was attached to the front of me.

We exited the jet and WOW! The island was gorgeous! The bright aqua blue water lapped up onto the white sand and the surrounding palm trees framed the beach perfectly. There was a mansion perched up in the grass roughly 50 meters from the ocean.

Tony started to head towards the mansion and we all followed behind in awe at this magnificent place. It reminded me of our trip to the Maldives a lot. Where Steve and I first got together.

Tony showed us to our rooms and we got settled in. Tony called out and said that we would all be going to the beach in 5 minutes, so we all started getting into swimmers. We walked out onto the yard 5 minutes later, to find most of the others there either playing in the surf or laying in the sand sunbaking.

I walked down with Emma and Steve and sat on the shoreline, sitting Emma down in the sand between my legs. The water just reached my legs. Emma flinched when the water first hit her legs but then got used to it. By the end, she was having the best time sitting and playing in the water.

Steve had gone to get dried off and when I looked over I saw Tony, Clint, Sam, Wanda, and Steve all talking with their heads close to each other like they were planning some big secret. They could act like little children sometimes. Wanda giggled and looked over at me and then looked back at Steve. Now that was weird. I will have to ask Steve about it later.

I picked Emma up and stood up, walking over to get dried off. They stopped talking when I got near to them and so I looked over and cocked an eyebrow. Steve got up and helped me dry off Emma and get her changed into the dry set of clothes that we had brought down with us.