Chapter 24 - The Battle Part 2

Nat's POV

I had just taken down like the one-hundredth guard that day, this was definitely the main Hydra base, there was far too much security to be anything but.

"Avengers, the great and powerful billionaire Tony Stark successfully hacked the mainframe. You can all thank me later." I rolled my eyes, how he fit his ego into that suit every day is beyond me. I turned around as 3 burly men ran towards me.

I shot the first one in the chest, used my Widow Bites to knock the second one out, and tackled the third one to the ground. I then grabbed my line and wrapped it around his neck, just enough to make him fall unconscious before standing up and jogging on, taking out more guards in the way of me getting to my target.

"The leaders are in a room in the middle of the warehouse. It won't be long before they start to make a getaway. Make a priority to get into that room as fast as possible." Tony told us having taken a look through the internal cameras.

I took down more guards as I headed in the direction Tony had instructed. Within 5 minutes I was standing outside the room Tony had told us about. Voices were coming from inside the room so I quickly let the others know my position before bursting into the room, guns ready.

Inside stood 5 people all in suits or uniform rushing around probably trying to destroy all of the evidence that they existed. They all froze when I walked in as their hands slowly started going for their pockets, most likely where their guns were.

Seriously, did they really think that I wouldn't see them reaching for their weapons? Please. Within a matter of seconds I had them all on the ground, severely injured and barely conscious.

"Righto avengers, all of the leaders have been taken down. Get your asses into the room now, we need all the information we can get our hands on for Fury." I instructed as I started walking over to the main computer to hack it.

"Language." Came the voice of the one and only Captain America. I smirked a little as I started hacking away, accessing all of their files.

"Oh, I'm sorry grandpa, I meant gluteus maximus," I said sarcastically into the intercom and was greeted with chuckles from the rest of the crew. Soon all of the Avengers started pouring into the room, covered in sweat, dirt, and blood of which I'm fairly sure wasn't their own.

By the time they had all entered the room, I had backed up most of the files on a hard drive.

"Unfortunately most of the files are encrypted so it will take a few days to decrypt them all," I informed mostly to Tony as none of the other avengers probably had any idea what I was talking about.

"I'll get JARVIS on it," Tony said, grabbing the hard drive and placing it in his suit for safekeeping once I was done with it.

"Right everyone done? Let's get out of here and blow the place." Steve instructed as he started making his way out the door followed by the rest of the avengers. We were nearly out of the building when I heard a very faint cry.

"Hold up everyone, be quiet for a second," I instructed focusing all of my being into finding out if there really was a cry or if exhaustion was just making me hear things. It came again and everyone looked at each other suspiciously. Where ever that cry came from, it didn't sound right.

Unknown POV

"What do you mean they got to the base? Why weren't they stopped?" They barked into the phone. I had always hated it when they were angry. They could get downright dangerous and I didn't want to be on the receiving end of it.

"I don't know but they got through our defences. I am also fairly sure that she backed up all of the files too." I said quietly nearly hoping they wouldn't hear it as I knew it would only enrage them more.

"She WHAT! Those files were encrypted, it will take them no less than 3 days to decrypt them all. That means that you have 3 days to complete the mission before this all gets out of hand. If you don't, then I will make you wish you were never born. Do you understand agent?" Their voice was dangerously low, scaring me and making my hair stand on end.

"Yes master, I will not disappoint," I replied formally before ending the call. I knew what my master was capable of, I was not going to disappoint him, especially not when I was taking down a puny gang of misfits.