Chapter 17 - Showtime

Nat's POV

I woke up on a hard surface. As my vision cleared, I looked around and realized that I was in fact on a beautiful beach. Looking down, I saw that Steve was underneath me; that explains the hard surface.

The events of last night came flooding in. The dance. The kiss. Steve. Crap, I fell asleep on our date. Blushing, I decided to wake Steve up, I shook him and called out his name. He woke up slowly and groaned at the sudden light that met his eyes.

"Morning beautiful." he croaked as his vision cleared and he also remembered what happened on our little date. I blushed harder at the pet name he gave me, making him look at me strangely.

"No one has even given me a pet name before. I like it though." I said smiling. He smiled back and told me he was glad to hear it. He let go of me as I rolled off his chest and he stood up slowly before offering me a hand to get up off the blanket too. I accepted it and stood up, brushing all of the sand off my crumpled dress.

"How about we get off this beach and head back to the villa to freshen up?" He suggested. I nodded in response and reached down to grab his hand, our fingers intertwining together. We walked across the sand and up to the pathway back towards the villa.

It was only a short walk to the villa and as we neared closer to the villa Steve suggested that we race back to the villa. I groaned, running was the last thing I felt like doing as I still hadn't even fully woken up yet.

"Steve, I am in a dress and you're not exactly in your workout clothes either. Besides, I'm not even sure that I have woken up yet, this all feels like a dream." I said sighing contently. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer as he kissed my cheek.

"Ok, and I promise, you aren't dreaming. I am very real." He chuckled adding emphasis with another kiss on my cheek, causing me to giggle. We arrived back at the villa and went inside, changing out of our clothes from last night.

*Time skip to a week and a half later* Steve's POV

The last week and a half since Nat and I got together has been the most amazing time of my life. After our first date, we spent the next week and a half going on more dates, watching movies, going snorkeling, swimming, taking scenic helicopter rides around the surrounding islands, and just simply enjoying being in each other's company.

Kissing Nat would never get old, each one felt like it was the first. She was everything I could have ever wanted and more in a partner. I was truly lucky to have her and I showed her that every day that we were together.

Today we were heading to breakfast hand in hand as usual, when we saw a very posh man arrive on a private helicopter. He was surrounded by at least 10 burly guards and he spoke with a thick German accent. He was most definitely our man.

Nat and I looked at each other, we knew that the buyer would arrive today but there was still a pang of sadness in my chest when he arrived as it meant that our vacation in our perfect little bubble of happiness was drawing to a close.

I knew that Natasha was also feeling the same way as her grip on my hand tightened and she leaned in closer to me, sadness evident in her eyes. I gave her hand a reassuring squeeze and smiled down at her.

"Just remember that no matter if we are here, the tower, or anywhere else, my feelings for you will never change." I quietly assured her as we walked past.

"I know and likewise for me. I guess it just sucks. Spending this whole vacation with you has been amazing and now it is coming to a close. At least we can take this organization down tonight and then go back to the others. I've got to say, I am starting to miss the doofuses a little." She informed, chuckling a little as she finished.

I smiled back at her and we entered the restaurant, making the most of our last day here. I'm proud of myself, Fury told me to make sure that Natasha has the best holiday I can give her and she said it herself; She has had an amazing time.

*Time skip to that evening* Nat's POV

Whilst I was upset to have this amazing holiday with Steve come to a close, we had a mission to complete and it wasn't going to accomplish itself. I zipped up my catsuit and took a look at myself in the mirror before going into the closet and getting the suitcase with all my weapons in it. I was going to strap as many as I could to myself. I knew what these people are capable of and I am not failing this mission, not again.

I opened the suitcase and grabbed my pistols strapping them to my legs and arms. I secured my widow bites to my wrist, making sure they were loaded. I then buckled on my utility belt and checked to make sure that all of my lasers and pepper sprays were in place. Once I was completely ready, I headed walked over to Steve who was securing his shield to his back.

Well Cap, are you ready to teach these bastards a lesson?" I asked, causing him to smirk.

"Sure am." He said walking up to me and pulling me into a passionate kiss. I kissed back, smiling. I could never get enough of this man, he was perfect in every way.

"We better go, partner," I instructed, breaking the kiss. He gave me one last quick kiss before walking to the door with me.

"Let's go." He said smiling as he started jogging towards the Jetty, the location of the deal. I was ready to take these people down. Raydh better watch out because the Black Widow and Captain America are coming with a vengeance. It's showtime.