An Interesting Uncover of information

Ciel's Point of view:

Elizabeth stared at me as she processed what I said, and when it did, her eyes began to water but her face still held twinges of anger. 

"Is it because you don't love me?"

I grew more awkward at her direct question and rubbed the back of my neck. "Well, I do care for you... just not in a romantic way."

Tears filled her eyes at my honesty, but then she shook her head and took a step towards me.

"No! It must be because of that other heiress! You love me, Ciel!"

I took a step back as she stepped forward. 

"Elizabeth, yes I love you. As my cousin! This has nothing to do with Lady Rosewood, I only met her this evening."

Elizabeth deflated at that and her hair covered her eyes while she cried. "Very well, Ciel... Please excuse me." she brushed passed me and walked back into the ball.

I took a breath but nearly shouted when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to find Lady (Y/n) standing there, looking at me concerned.

"Are you alright?"

I sighed and lightly placed my hand on hers, unconsciously taking comfort in her palm.

"I am. I was not expecting her to act in such a way."

She hummed quietly and squeezed my shoulder lightly. "The queen's messenger arrived and we have our orders." 

I nodded and we walked back into the ball and to our butlers who were waiting for us patiently. Lady (y/n) hooked her arm through her butler's and to my surprised, he pulled her closer.

"Milady? We've received our orders... Shall we take our leave?" Her butler asked.

She rubbed her eyes sleepily, "Yes, let us return home"

"My Lady?" Sebastian stepped forward and bowed.

She turned around and smiled, "Yes, Sebastian?"

"May I persuade you to come to stay at the Phantomhive manor?"

I looked at him in complete shock, but what shocked me more was Lady (y/n)'s response.

"I'd love to, thank you for the invitation." she nodded at Edward, "Go with Sebastian and receive the carriage."

He bowed, "Yes, young mistress"

Both of our butlers disappeared quietly and I watched Lady (Y/n) as she yawned sleepily. She had a relatively small frame, or perhaps she just looked small underneath all of the fabric of her dress. She hummed quietly with the music to herself and seemed overall content at that moment. 

It was really quite cute, and she had just the faintest of smiles graced onto the pair of pretty sorbet lips that she puckered lightly. 

It was then that I noticed the rather thick pair of envelopes in her hand and I nearly felt guilty to bring her out of her dilly-dallying. 

"Are those-?"

She looked down where I gestured and she nodded while yawning behind her hand. 

"Yes, I can give you-" she swayed slowly with a start and I caught her before she fell to the ground.

"(Y/n)?!" I asked worriedly, and she groaned lightly in my arms, her free hand cupping her head before going to adjust her gown. 

My eyes followed and when the fabric slid a little, a flash of something on her skin caught my attention but before I could look closer, Edward came running. Once he caught sight of us he quickly but gently removed her from me and helped her walk outside.  Edward picked her up lightly and I watched as she smiled at him sweetly and tapped (booped) his nose with a soft giggle and a smile that he returned. Something about the exchange made an ugly feeling twist and grow in my stomach and I looked away as he placed her in the carriage. 

"Do not worry, Lord Phantomhive.  My mistress has been overworking herself lately, I'm afraid she just needs some rest." he bowed.

"Along with some attention, it seems." I looked at him pointedly and his eyes flashed with something dark, but before he could say anything, I got into the carriage and sat across from Sebastian. Edward shut the door and mere moments later, we were off bustling down the road. 

We spent the beginning of the ride in silence, with Lady Rosewood's gentle breathing being the only ambiance besides the trotting of the horses in front. We hit over a large bump, and I hissed when my head snacked the top of the roof. 

Sebastian smirked and I rolled my eyes before stiffening up when Lady Rosewood tilted over and her head landed in my lap. I completely froze, unsure how to handle the situation when she snuggled deeper into my lap, murmuring softly.

Once she settled, I slowly put my hands down and ran my fingers through the soft strands of her hair, the faintest smell of wildflowers and vanilla wafting into the air. I stared down at her, the strands tangling around my fingers, the color peeking out from the moonlight that was pouring in from the window on the left side of us. 

"She definitely was not what I was expecting." I looked up at Sebastian, startled at the way he was ogling the girl in my lap. 

"She is quite a soul..." Sebastian sighed dazed. "Honestly, just simply mouthwatering..." 

I glared at him, "Shut up, idiot. Don't speak about her as one of your snacks."

Sebastian frowned. "I would never. She's no snack, she's much too decadent for that. She's the highest quality soul I've come across in my entire existence." He sighed again, his eyes holding an odd affection. "Edward got a good one..." 

I paused at that, his words confusing me even more than normal. "What do you mean by that Sebastian?"

He tilted his head at me, "Come now, my Lord. Don't tell me you haven't noticed? It was entirely obvious from the very beginning of our meeting." his tone turned to chiding at the end, and my annoyance grew. 

"Get on with it! What are you talking about?"

He grinned and gestured down at Lady Rosewood, who hadn't mused in her slumber. 

"Surely you've noticed, My Lord? Edward is a demon."