Jealous Boi

Nezuko's POV:

My teacher dug through his little basket full of names-- options of people to pick to be a group for our upcoming history project, "Nezuko....and......." I looked eagerly, wondering who I'd be working with, and hoping that they'll be a good partner. Nothing's more annoying than to have a teammate that doesn't help at all, making you angrily do the work alone.

Please be a good partner.

Please be-

"......Yushiro." Hearing that he'll have to work with Tanjirou's sister, Yushiro looked over to me and scowled, he for sure wasn't too happy about it.

Well, it's better than nothing. He is nice.

Not sure why, but I know he doesn't like me for some reason.

The teacher went on and called a couple more people before the bell eventually rang, I began packing up my things, ready to walk out the door to get to my locker, but right as I finished Yushiro came up to me. He cleared his throat and straightened up his tie, Yushiro always seems so sophisticated and put together like a professional, even if we are still kids.

"Okay, since we're a team now, we should probably have each other's contacts." He pulled out his phone, I nodded.

"Oh, okay!" I grabbed my phone as well and within seconds we exchanged phone numbers, that way we could keep in contact and talk about the project, plans, and important information.

I smiled as we both walked out of the classroom and into the crowded hallway, "So, how do we want to tackle this?"

Yushiro held his hand up to his chin and thought, "Well, if we wanna get a good grade, then you should listen to me, I know the best way to do this."

"Sure, whatever you say."

Zenitsu's POV:

I was in the courtyard waiting for Nezuko-chan like always, while I was standing there I was petting Chuntaro, who was keeping me company, probably in hopes that he'll get a snack as a reward. I don't mind though, as long as he doesn't bite me.

My heart lit up as soon as I saw her long hair and pink ribbon, I felt a light blush rise to my cheeks too, I was so ready to squeeze her in a big hug. Just seeing her makes me extremely happy! Although, this time when I saw her, I felt something very different.

I watched as she walked out of the building with another person, Yushiro. They were both lively talking, and Nezuko-chan was smiling. Usually, seeing her smile like that would make that fuzzy warmth grow inside of me, I would want to hold her tight and never let go, her smile would make me smile. But at this moment, I felt nothing like that, it was the opposite of warmth, I felt cold inside.

This painful throb in my heart made me feel sick and a tiny bit upset, I felt this dark pit in my stomach, the unsettling feeling spreading to every inch of my body with every beat of my heart. It all felt wrong, my brain was telling me everything about this situation was wrong, really wrong. It was bad. I just sat in that sensation and couldn't take my eyes off them, which wasn't helping in the slightest. It was like her being friendly towards him was making me frustrated for some reason. I clenched my fists and gulped.

What the heck....?

What is this? I don't like this at all.

"Okay, bye Yushiro!" Nezuko-chan waved him off with the same cheery look on her face, she turned to me and gave me a loving smile.